Galaxy SIII VZW Confirmed grandfathered data (pic inside)

skennelly

Reaction score
What information has helped all of you take the risk to pre-order? What is your logic if you end up with a GSIII that ends up w/o unlimited or even a radio issue?

Easy, when you pre-order, you have to renew a two year agreement and that agreement still included unlimited data.

mkhannah

Reaction score
Simple. They can't change the plan unless I'm upgrading, and if my phone comes a month from now and they don't honor it, I have 30 days to tell them to go fill up their bathtubs with gasoline, open up a nice bottle of wine, and light up a cigarette.
It is 14 days to return. If I read the fine print correctly, VZW still can decide if they want to honor the return or not. They are purposely vague. And it is unclear to me if you get your subsidized price back.
Easy, when you pre-order, you have to renew a two year agreement and that agreement still included unlimited data.
Am I wrong that the contract REALLY doesn't start until you activate the phone? Which if their ship date is truly 7/9/12, then that is after the newly announced plan (6/28/12) just announced. Both, Does the newly released plans change your opinion?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is 14 days to return. If I read the fine print correctly, VZW still can decide if they want to honor the return or not. They are purposely vague. And it is unclear to me if you get your subsidized price back. Am I wrong that the contract REALLY doesn't start until you activate the phone? Which if their ship date is truly 7/9/12, then that is after the newly announced plan (6/28/12) just announced. Both, Does the newly released plans change your opinion?

The contract starts when you upgrade and sign. I could upgrade to anything and then never activate the phone, but my contract starts the day that I signed, not when I activate.

npro1464

Reaction score
I think I'm going to cancel my upgrade. I can't believe these new plans. I can't lock everyone in my family plan in for another 2 years or possibly force them into this abomination of a plan. I'm going to tough it of with my TBolt for another year. Or, I'm going to pay an ETF. Screw you, Verizon.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Show me this fine print you reference, and plz link me to the plans you're talking about, so we are all on same page. Also, what they say isn't always final. Lots of people get their way just by getting pissed off and arguing and threatening to leave.

mkhannah

Reaction score
Show me this fine print you reference, and plz link me to the plans you're talking about, so we are all on same page. Also, what they say isn't always final. Lots of people get their way just by getting pissed off and arguing and threatening to leave.
I'm not completely certain you are referring to my statement about the return policy since you also mention "plans". If you are, this is the link. Return Policy - Verizon Wireless It can be found at the bottom of almost every VZW webpage. Too me it is very vague, but then every policy statement from almost every company is so they can screw the consumer.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I was referring to your comment about the 'fine print' regarding when your plan becomes activated, etc. whatever you meant by
It is 14 days to return. If I read the fine print correctly, VZW still can decide if they want to honor the return or not. They are purposely vague. And it is unclear to me if you get your subsidized price back.

and also npro1464's comment about the new plans.

Grossie

Reaction score
Ordered mine today. Was able to keep unlimited data. The family share pricing was actually going to screw me over (big surprise). The nice thing was I called in and was told I had a $50 credit to go to 4G. So, I went ahead and got the 32 gb. Then the B@$tards hit me for the $30 transfer fee. Oh well, I think I came out twenty bucks ahead.

OP
A

armedmonkey

Reaction score
$50 credit? See, the thing i'm hearing from talking to them today is, their pre-order stuff doesn't matter one damn. If you activate your phone after the 28th, they will try to slip you the big red suppository.

skennelly

Reaction score
$50 credit? See, the thing i'm hearing from talking to them today is, their pre-order stuff doesn't matter one damn. If you activate your phone after the 28th, they will try to slip you the big red suppository.

You are hearing wrong.

You have to renew your plan in order to preorder the phone at the subsidized price. When confirming your order it states that you are providing your "electronic signature" and agree to the new 2 year contract. Therefore, you've already signed a new contract weeks prior to activating your phone.

Last edited:

skennelly

Reaction score
Another way to put it:

You can buy a phone off ebay and activate it without your contract changing.

GSdub510

Reaction score
So I upgraded to the Maxx in late May because I thought VZW was getting rid of the unlimited plan. I had to exchange it for another one on June 5th because of problems. On my receipt it says I have until June 19th to return or exchange my phone. Can I return my Maxx and pre-order the S3?

kparks

Reaction score
skennelly said:
Another way to put it:

You can buy a phone off ebay and activate it without your contract changing.

I got a question when I get my gs3 I plan on selling it on eBay do I need to do anything with the sim I'm assuming I ship everything unactivated... I'm keeping my tbolt!! And when I order my next htc phone :) ill just get another sim