Galaxy S8 In The Flesh. First Live Photo Of The Device Released.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy_s8-930x775.jpg

Evan Blass also known as Evleaks of twitter fame has leaked the first "live" photo of the Galaxy S8 via Venture Beats. This photo brings forth some revelations regarding the design of the device. The image above seemingly confirms the death of the home button for the S lineup. We can also see the dual curved edge displays and curved edge back. Speaking of the back there is a finger print reader to the right side of the camera sensor. The bottom of the device features a 3.5mm headphone jack, usb-c port, and single speaker. The report suggest versions of the device in 5.7" and 6.2". While the screens will be larger the devices will be smaller overall making use of the smaller bezels.

I think the S8 looks great. I mainly just would have preferred the fingerprint scanner to be placed just below the camera even though that would not have been very aesthetically pleasing. Just below the camera is where my index finger rests naturally. I feel like my finger will naturally reach up and touch the camera instead of the scanner. This will take lots of getting used to. As far as validity of the photos Evan Blass has been deadly accurate over the years. It is why he is still relevant today. The devices should be announced March 29th. You should be able to buy the phone starting April 21st.

via VentureBeat

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No, just no. It will finally be a goodbye to Samsung for me this year. My hands are much too small to handle a 5.7" screen, I greatly dislike the curved edges because a GOOD glass screen protector will be impossible to find, and I'm not too keen on the lack of a home button.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gremlin

Reaction score
Love the phone.. Can't wait.. Will wait for the Note or what ever name they are going to call it. If not, S8 will be good for me..

wardo

Reaction score
Curious how this thing will feel in hand. Looks incredibly hard to hold...slippery looking.
If so im also done with sammy.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
No, just no. It will finally be a goodbye to Samsung for me this year. My hands are much too small to handle a 5.7" screen, I greatly dislike the curved edges because a GOOD glass screen protector will be impossible to find, and I'm not too keen on the lack of a home button.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't think the phone will be any bigger than the current S7 edge since more screen ...I don't like curved edges either for same reason but I think this is the new trend along with less bezels ..

7+

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glass back?
I'm out. That doesn't bode well for my demand for a user removable battery. I don't care what specs, do dads and bells and whistles they have, how big or little, how will it works in hand as the oem battery on my Note4 didn't last a full 2 years to go with Samsung botching things on the Note7.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

wardo

Reaction score
Screw the edge screen, glass back, better freaking have a 3500+ battery at a minimum for the smaller screen and why has there not been any talk about the front glass? What is the latest and greatest these days gorilla glass 10? **** better be good!

The pixel is ugly and bulky so thats out for me.
LG 6? I've never had a lg phone and i can't think of any other Verizon phones as a alternative.
My s6 edge is great except for the crap battery

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Two months with my TGP on my S7EDGE & 1 month on the wife's Note 7 and so far so good... Knock on wood!
Although we did both go through a few ea until we found one that worked for our respective devices.
What I'm most happy with is the inclusion of the 3.5mm jack. Nice to see Sammy listen to the people on this one. Well...it could have been one of two things really.
1. they simply didn't have time to iron out the ear buds.
2. they realized they needed to keep the device the same thickness of the S7 to stave off another "explosive" disaster.
I'm going with the latter, simply because they can't afford 2 back to back recalls....especially since their Galaxy S line is the more popular of the two models.

S7 Edge tap'n

wardo

Reaction score
Two months with my TGP on my S7EDGE & 1 month on the wife's Note 7 and so far so good... Knock on wood!
Although we did both go through a few ea until we found one that worked for our respective devices.
What I'm most happy with is the inclusion of the 3.5mm jack. Nice to see Sammy listen to the people on this one. Well...it could have been one of two things really.
1. they simply didn't have time to iron out the ear buds.
2. they realized they needed to keep the device the same thickness of the S7 to stave off another "explosive" disaster.
I'm going with the latter, simply because they can't afford 2 back to back recalls....especially since their Galaxy S line is the more popular of the two models.

S7 Edge tap'n
Is there a difference between the s7edge screen and the note 7 edge screen?
It's been mentioned the s8 will be similar to the note7. I haven't held a note7 in person so i ask.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
fingerprint reader on the back... That's about the only downside I find on my Pixel. I can understand why they moved it to the back but I'm not a fan of this change

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Curious how this thing will feel in hand. Looks incredibly hard to hold...slippery looking.

Can confirm. I have an S6 which is nice and thin, but the glass back makes it difficult to keep a hold of. If you've got butterfingers, these phones are not for you. I ended up getting a clear case to snap around it for some better grip...this is the first phone I've ever bought a case for.

wardo

Reaction score
Can confirm. I have an S6 which is nice and thin, but the glass back makes it difficult to keep a hold of. If you've got butterfingers, these phones are not for you. I ended up getting a clear case to snap around it for some better grip...this is the first phone I've ever bought a case for.
Yup my s6edge is way to small-thin and slippery. I have a wallet case and can't hold the phone with out it

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've never had a lg phone and i can't think of any other Verizon phones as a alternative.
My s6 edge is great except for the crap battery
My wife had plenty of lg phones(g2, g3, g4). Their battery is their weakness. If you are a heavy user prepare to either carry power banks with you or a charger.

Motorola on other hand has a monster battery but crappy camera. I have moto z force and can almost last 2 days without charge when I use battery mod and I'm a very heavy user(5-6 hours screen time/day).