Galaxy S8 Firmware Now In Development

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung has begun firmware development for the Galaxy S8. This is right on schedule and is not necessarily ahead of schedule. This is about the same time that S7 firmware development started last year. Early on Samsung will focus on Rom development for use in China, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Poland, the UK, and the US. Once these regions are stable other regions will be added to the build. The device may be announced at a Samsung event on February 26 just before Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

We expect to see two variants, one with a 2K 5.1" Super AMOLED and one with a 4K 5.5" Super AMOLED display. We also expect to see the upcoming 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 CPU or the Exynos 8895 CPU, and a dual camera system. I for one can't wait to get my hands on that 4K unit!

via SamMobile

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I may try it again if I get one. The screen door effect was terrible on my S7 Edge.

yeah it was really bad on the s6 edge plus, made my eyes hurt after awhile of viewing. don't think i could watch a whole movie using it.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Hopefully this is the powerhouse they need to bounce back from the Note 7 debacle. They need to sell an awful lot of these to make back that 3 billion they lost. Looking forward to seeing that 4K model.