Galaxy s7 not turning on nothing working

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge & S7 Active' started by ThomasGrace, Mar 6, 2020.

1. ThomasGrace

ThomasGrace New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Hi so my mom has a s7 and it was working fine and then after not being used for a couple minutes when she went to use it again it was a black screen and not turning on. I have tried looking for a solution online, I tried

Volume up + home + power button

Volume down + power button

Just power button

None of these work, holding them down for over 10-20 seconds nothing. Phone was still charged when this happend and when I connect cable charger nothing comes up on screen, when I use wireless charger the led on charger goes red but still nothing on screen. When I connect it to a pc nothing, doesnt recognize phone being connected. But when I call it, it rings normal as if the phone is on, it doesnt go straight to voicemail. Also when checking in samsung cloud it doesnt look like there was a backup done recently so is there anyway to get data off the phone without it being on? Please let me know of anything I can try, thanks for any help

2. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,845
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 10+
    Welcome to the forum ... Hmmm not sure TBH seems you have troubleshooting the usual steps ... Possible hardware failure you might need to have it looked at ..