Galaxy S7 Edge Destroys The Competition In Fast Charge Test!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The one technology that hasn't improved much in cell phones over the past several years is battery technology. As cell phones started to need more power OEMs started to increase the size of batteries. This also meant overall larger phones with larger screens. For me this has all been a win win, but I would still love to see battery life that lasted days in the future. The one technology that has really improved over the past few years is battery charging speed. In the past you would need to plug your phone up overnight to get a full charge. These days you can get a half day of use with only 30 minutes of charging.

How fast does fast charging really charge your cell phone? Safwan Ahmedmia of "SuperSAF" has just released a video matching the new Pixel XL against the iPhone 7 Plus and Galaxy S7 Edge. The results were a bit surprising. The iPhone 7 was the slowest by a long shot. The device doesn't have quick charge built in. It does charge a bit faster with an iPad charger. The Pixel XL came in second and the S7 Edge was fully charged in an hour and a half which is not bad because the average charge time has been about 2 hours for quick charging devices.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Instead of iPhone they should have used Moto Z force

Sent from my HP 7 G2 using Tapatalk

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree. My Moto Z Force is faster that all of them. Anyone want to race for pinks?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Moto Z Force FTW. Mine charges the Phone & 2,200 mAh Incipio OffGrid Moto Mod in ~2hrs