Galaxy S6 Issue - 'Cast to a Nearby Device'

Casasas99

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy 6
Hi,

Im having a persistent issue with my galaxy s6 for the past 2 weeks in that it regularly appears to be trying to link to chrome cast (which I don't have).

The notification pops up and can't be ignored. It just continuously pops up when you try to select something outside of the notification. Its incredibly frustrating and makes the phone almost unusable.

I've noticed that it mostly happens when trying to use Netflix or YouTube and particularly if I attempt to change the volume.

If anyone has come across this issue and found a fix for it (preferably without restoring factory settings) ithe would be much appreciated!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Are you sure it's trying to connect to a Chromecast?

Do you own a newer Samsung TV? I've noticed that notification too with my phone whenever I visit my folks...they've got a newer Samsung TV and when I'm connected to their wifi, my S6 detects that their TV is on the same network and tries to connect.

I don't know of a way to disable that unfortunately, but I just ignore it for the moment...not too intrusive for me since I'm not at their house all that often but if it's a TV you own and use on a daily basis, I guess it could get annoying.

EDIT: If you do have a Samsung TV, there might be something in the TV settings to turn off the "casting" capability...just a shot in the dark there...

OP
C

Casasas99

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy 6
Thanks for the response.

It turns out that it's actually an issue with a large number of androids at the moment according to the chrome cast forums.

Always good to know that you're not alone with an issue like this but doesn't look like Google have been particularly quick to find a fix for it.