Galaxy S6: An Orphaned Device?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus' started by Amagine, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Amagine

Amagine Active Member

Ratings:
    +90
    Multiple sources are reporting that the Samsung Galaxy S5 is now being tested for Android Marshmallow 6.0 in several markets. US carriers have already leaked testing the S5 as well. However, release to the general public for the Galaxy S6 has remained slow if not halted.
    With the S5 sharing more of a design similarity to the S7 rather than the S6, could we be seeing Samsung's first basically orphaned flagship phone? If so, why not release the unlock codes and let the aftermarket support it?

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,927
    You can add att note 5 to your list.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. IIGood

IIGood Silver Member

Ratings:
    +281
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S6
    I noticed that too. How does the older device get the update first? Granted, T-Mobile (I think?) has pushed M to it's S6s but I don't think any other carriers have followed suit. I certainly would have expected Verizon to be last on that list.

I guess we'll truly see what actually pans out. Sure, the sources can say now that the S5 is getting it soon, but what factual data do they have, and we all know how the manufacturers can reverse course. Wasn't M supposed to hit devices much earlier initially??

4. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +951
    Sprint S6 has received M also.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk