Solved Galaxy S5 wont take an update

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok, heres the scoop. I originally rooted my stock S5 via TowelRoot...then I hit the wrong buttons and inadvertantly took the first update that was pushed...borked my root. Well, not really thinking, I thought I would try TowelRoot again...No Joy, and now I cant take the NI2 update.

I have tried to push the NI2 manually via Stock Recovery..No Joy. So I thought I would try going through Odin..No Joy there either.

So, my question is this, since I took the original update and borked it, do I need to roll myself back to the original release software...root via TowelRoot...then follow all of the steps outlined in this thread ---->How To Root Latest OTA 4.4.4 Verizon Galaxy S5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net ?

Thanks for any and all help...

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Well...I got my phone unborked...and fully updated to 4.4.4. I went and found the Stock image file, loaded it through Odin, then manually took the 2 updates with no issues. Now, the question is, do I go ahead and redo everything so I can gain Root back...:p

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved..

greyghost04

Reaction score
Believe it or not and I had the same problem, I took my phone to the Samsung desk at Best Buy. I did not buy my phone there but they still put the update in for me twice, no charge. they said it didn't matter where you got your phone, its a Samsung.