galaxy s5 location icon

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
Hello i recently had to use high accuracy for using my gps and ever since i turned it to high i get this annoying icon that pops up in my notification bar. It never did when it was on gps only i tried changing it back to that and still pops up. Is there any way of disabling that notification besides turning of location entirely i have weather apps that need location

thanks for the help

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
What weather app are you using? Mine doesn't need location turned on. When I set it up originally I entered my zip code instead. Just as accurate without the need to keep location services on all the time.
I can't help with the icon....I've never noticed one in my notification bar.

S5 tap'n

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
What does the icon in the notification bar look like???

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What weather app are you using? Mine doesn't need location turned on. When I set it up originally I entered my zip code instead. Just as accurate without the need to keep location services on all the time.
I can't help with the icon....I've never noticed one in my notification bar.

S5 tap'n
That's good advice, though I like my weather app to follow me when I travel. The weather is quite different with just a half hour or more drive from the town I live in in almost any direction. Granted, I spend most of my time in/around that town, but I like that it auto-updates when I venture out of the area without me having to remember to change the setting in the weather app.

Matter of preference though.

I agree that a screenshot would help here, but I'm guessing it's a lot like the icon that shows up on my Note 4 throughout the day. It's a bit obnoxious at times, but no more so than the persistent wifi notification that they finally allowed the option to clear away, but that comes back periodically.

I get it. I'm on Wifi/using location. Put the little icon up by the clock where it belongs. I don't need a full-on notification about it. Thanks.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Good point Jonny!
I do turn on my location services if I travel, but I live and work in the same town (7 mile round trip) so there's no need to keep it turned on. I have it set to update every 2 hours, but simply tapping on the app will auto update the current conditions.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. I should probably do something similar. I don't really check-in at places with facebook unless I'm traveling, so I could probably get a bit more juice out of my batteries if I just left it off more often than not. Of course, now that my spare battery arrived, I'm having fun finding ways to use enough at night to justify charging the phone after having put the spare in that evening. Did quite a bit of gaming last night. Haha