Galaxy s4 to Moto X?

Discussion in 'Motorola Moto X' started by dezymond, Jul 18, 2014.

1. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

I just switched from an S4 to a Moto X because I have read that a GSM SIM works better in the Moto X... not sure if that is true yet...
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Was that your only motive to switching?

I pretty much decided to hold out and just hang onto the s4. Especially with the new X+1 coming out soon. I'm always on the lookout for a used moto x though, or if another sale goes on right before the X+1 is released.
  3. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Yes, it was my only reason for switching when I did it... because I read that the S4 couldn't connect to Telcel (Mexico) for data (LTE) and that the Moto X could with the 4.4.4 update... I haven't gotten confirmation from anyone on this yet... but this was the reason. I want to get data services without paying a zillion dollars when I am in mexico for 2 weeks.

However, after having the device for 2 days now... I am digging it. I should have gotten this phone when I got the S4.
  4. dezymond

That's the reason I started this thread. I wanted to know the experience of those who switched, and yes I know it's subjective.

Since then my decision has been made, but I was just glad to hear that those who switched from a "powerhouse" of a phone to a "midrange" device were happy with their switch.

I've since flashed a ROM on my s4 and am happy that I did. However, I do miss some of the stock features such as the great camera software the s4 came equipped with. I'm running Cyanogenmod for those that are curious.
  5. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

I still have my S4. I do like that phone. One thing that I noticed right away is that the in-call sound is kind of low... but I had 2 people tell me that I sounded more clear on the Moto X. Another downside is that - with the S4 - I would still have wifi connectivity when I walked outside my townhouse but it drops immediately on the Moto X.
  6. dezymond

Hmm interesting.

Call quality, for myself at least, doesn't matter too much, and I believe both perform fairly equally. It's the signal quality I'm more concerned about and Samsung is known for not using the best radios. Moto on the other hand has always had good radios.
  7. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

I am getting good signal on the Moto X. I haven't had a dropped call yet... I frequently got them with the S4.
Search tags for this page

moto x news

samsung glaxy s4 or moto x