Galaxy S4 Issues

Maddy30

Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I need help confirming if what I know about something is true and an answer for something completely different. When you are unrooting a phone that you bought in Spain for example, but you move to England. There is no such thing as a Firmware from Spain right? What matters is that the firmware you install has to match your phone model and Android version, right? Also, if you unroot after moving to another country, will the phone be locked to the carrier of the country where you got it? Thanks in advance!:p

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
They do have different firmware for different regions. However I do believe that there is no real need to flash a different firmware unless you want.

Note 4tified

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Yes there are different versions of firmware for different geographical locations, and that is because there can be hardware differences. These requirements change for different devices! And older S3 is the same hardware for almost all regions, where newer ones use different regulations.

And the second part is "YES" Some regions and devices are "LOCKED" and cannot be changed to a new region...therefore...a device from Korea cannot use a SIM from Europe! This is Samsung's attempt to stop piracy and the selling of devices to regions that the model is not sold in. AKA you cannot use ROOTed or modified phones, this is to protect corporate profits for the carrier providers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk