Galaxy S4 has gone haywire! What can I do?

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by Sacheltry, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Sacheltry

Sacheltry New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I've had my Galaxy S4 for almost a year with no issues. When I went to bed last night, my Galaxy S4 had about 90% charge, when I woke up (about 6 hours later) it was dead. This has never happened before. Nothing was running on it (that I am aware of). I had downloaded the World of Goo demo last night, but have since uninstalled it.

I charged it this morning to about 30%, walked the dog for about 20 minutes and the phone was back down to 19%. I didn't turn any app on. Also noticed that I cannot send or receive messages (using Textra or the default messaging app) but I have more than enough bars (using AT&T) But I can get on the internet without Wifi and other apps with update their data (Twitter for example) As an aside, for the past couple of days, I noticed that, in Textra, when I click the microphone button to speak my text in, the entire keyboard disappears along with Speak Now half-page. This doesn't happen in other apps.

Also I have a couple of Tasker shortcuts on my home screen to change the volume and open an app, nothing too fancy. They now have no effect. I can open Tasker and run the "script" just fine.

Any ideas what may have happened and what I can do to fix it?

Thank you.

p.s. During the time I took to write this, even though it is USB'd into my PC, the battery has dropped 3 percentage points.

2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    It sounds like a possible app update fail if any of your apps are set to auto update. Have you tried cleaning the cache with a cache cleaner app?

3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    In addition to the above, try pulling the battery of 10 full minutes.

4. Sacheltry

Sacheltry New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    leeshor,

Thank you for the advice. According to Clean Master, I just cleared about 1 Gig of junk! Does that make sense? Is this something I should be doing more often?

Now the phone seems to be coming alive again, but still very, very slow. Am I being too impatient? I'll give it some time.

5. Sacheltry

Sacheltry New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did remove it for a minute or two earlier. I will try it again for 10 minutes. Thank you for the advice!

6. Sacheltry

Sacheltry New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did remove it for a minute or two earlier. I will try it again for 10 minutes. Thank you for the advice!

• Like Like x 1
  7. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    I use Clean Master about one a week but I also look for apps I haven't used in a while and uninstall them. Clean Master will offer to clean up after most uninstalls.

8. Sacheltry

Sacheltry New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    leeshor,

All appears to be wonderful in the Galaxy (S4 that is) :biggrin:

After giving the phone some time to correct itself, everything appears to be back to normal. It is charging, my Tasker shortcuts work correctly and quickly, I am able to send and receive texts, etc.

Thank you so much for your very quick and spot-on reply. I really appreciate it!

9. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Great to hear that it helped.

Search tags for this page

s4 haywire

whst can samsung galaxy s4 do