Galaxy S4 Gorilla glass is not good or it is something else find in car crash test

egrahul

Reaction score
I have tested my S4 by running car over it. Well nothing happened to screen.. Surprised.. only damage to Read Camera cover .. CHeck it out

[video=youtube;hov1pQS_L40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hov1pQS_L40[/video]

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol why would you do this to your phone?

Lots of cutting in the video too.. Sure its the same phone afterwards?

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
E

egrahul

Reaction score
Lol why would you do this to your phone?

Lots of cutting in the video too.. Sure its the same phone afterwards?

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

yes it is exactly the same phone... i have even done some drop tests... will post the video soon.. And you can see the camera was broken in those tests and i clearly mentioned that in video. Cutting in video was obvious because even i was surprised to see that phone has survived

DevonM

Reaction score
So does the durability of this screen equate to scratch resistance and smoothness as well? As in, is it more dense and can it better hold its shape to ensure the same surface friction after long hours of use? On the demo unit I used and on my friend's it seems really nice and smooth and easy to use, I just hope that lasts. On my phone there's usually a lot of resistance and friction, and I keep my hands very clean. I'll often use rain-x on it to smooth it out a bit when it just gets too annoying, but that doesn't last very long with heavy use.

jacobbones

Reaction score
DAMN IT, I really wanted a phone that I could run over with my car and I thought for sure the S4 was the phone I was looking for. Now your telling me that the phone is such a cheap PoS that the camera wont support the full weight of a car.

Now what m I gonna do for a new phone??

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Dude, your tire has a bulge in the sidewall.. Go get it checked out before you have a blow out.. Nice video too..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you are one crazy dude. thanks for showing us how durable it is though

and as 94lt1 said, get that tire checked out.