Solved Galaxy S4 Dwindling Memory

GarrettMac1125

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Hi everyone, recently my Galaxy S4's memory has been getting taken up out of nowhere. A couple of weeks ago I deleted ~2 gb of apps because a notification saying that storage space was running out, and the notification went away. After that, I noticed that even though I only downloaded not even a full gigabyte of apps back, the notification had come back and I suddenly only had ~300 mb of memory left. Over the week, my amount of memory left has fallen even farther even though I haven't downloaded anything at all. It came to the last straw today when I realized I had 2 mb of free memory. I uninstalled almost every app, which added around 100 mb of memory for about 5 minutes. After that it went back down to 30. I let my phone idle and didn't do anything at all, and suddenly it went down to 20 mb even though I literally wasn't doing anything. I'm currently at 2 mb free, and it's becoming a real problem. I can't even open my photo gallery because it says I don't have enough memory. I also added up the used memory, and it equals nowhere close to 16 gb, yet it says everything is full. I was hoping someone here would know a solution, and thanks for your help in advance!

EDIT: Somehow it just fixed itself, I'm now back at almost 5 gb of free space

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
This has been happening to me as well. Everytime I want to update an app, I have to run a cleaner to remove all of the space the processes on my phone are taking up

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My wife was just running into this the other day with her S4 as well when I told her to download an app.

I'm assuming you guys are talking about storage space and not RAM? Generally, RAM is referred to as memory (Random Access Memory) and is temporary.