Galaxy S3

mofoliar

Reaction score
I am really debating bout going back to the razr, just becuase had a good reception anywhere... I may just exchange out for another S3.... I hate these decisions! ALso the verizon tech also said change it or just go back another device...

sAMMY I WAS HOPING YOU CHANGED YOUR WAYS!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually some are actually getting great reception much better than the nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Actually some are actually getting great reception much better than the nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm getting much better reception on the S3 than I ever got on the Nexus. It's a night and day difference. And while the reception isn't quite as strong as I got on the MAXX, the S3 has actually held a signal better than the MAXX did for me. I didn't experience that many signal drops with the MAXX, but I did have them. I've had all of one in the almost two months that I've had the S3. And even though the signal isn't as strong as it was with the MAXX, it's been very usable. The reception numbers are one thing, but what really matters is whether or not it works. For me, the S3 has worked consistently and darn near flawlessly. I don't like that it will tend to stick with 3G in weak 4G areas (areas that the MAXX would stick with 4G), but I know that was a conscious choice made in order for the reception to be more stable (which has worked in my experience - the MAXX would drop often in those weak 4G areas, both data and voice, but the S3 stays consistent).

mofoliar

Reaction score
Thx for input... I guess i will just decide when i take it back today, i will let you all know, what i decided to go with!

mofoliar

Reaction score
ok so i decided to take back the phone and went with a razr, i know its backwards, but need reliable over features and faster... I did c another customer return hers as well for Verizon, so i just hope samsung fixes there stuff for all the others out there!

Thanks everyone for their advice much appreciated!

jimg

Reaction score
Sorry about you had to change

ok so i decided to take back the phone and went with a razr, i know its backwards, but need reliable over features and faster... I did c another customer return hers as well for Verizon, so i just hope samsung fixes there stuff for all the others out there!

Thanks everyone for their advice much appreciated!

I've had my G s3 about a month. I knew about the bad reception at my house with any phone. Of course when I got the G S3 I had all most no bars at any part of the house. So that day I looked at first at those repeaters you put an antenna on the house and a central receiver in the middle of the inside of the house. But then I found out about the verizon wireless network extender. I called verizon and gave them my hard sob story about no bars. After a while they came back and offered it to me for nearly half off. I'm am so glad I bought it. No problems with calls or feed back or any drop offs. I can be in the basement of my house and the extender is way up in a third story bedroom, and i will still get 2 to 3 bars. The other night I got a strange color on the extender it was green on the system part. I found out on the internet that it was verizon doing an update. By the way, before the extender I would go up to a bedroom and by a window to make a call with the bars popping up 1 to 2 and so on. To text I would just use my email account on the phone before the extender. Now I am texting away in messages at any part of the house.

Islander53

Reaction score
This bad reception issue with the S3, is it taking place in major cities with 4G market, suburbs or rural areas??? I currently have the ReZound And have great reception but I was thinking about upgrading to the S3.

anu

Reaction score
hey...
thanks for all information.....
if you got any new issues related to it then please inform me...:)
fusion techware

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Islander53 said:
This bad reception issue with the S3, is it taking place in major cities with 4G market, suburbs or rural areas??? I currently have the ReZound And have great reception but I was thinking about upgrading to the S3.

I took the plunge and found a someone on craigslist that was willing to trade a white s3 with only a month use for my Rezound. Now keep in mind I did own the RAZR, RAZR Maxx, galaxy nexus and the Rezound. Out of all those phones the Rezound was the only phone that could get 4G and actually hold it at my house cause I live in a fringe 4G area. So I was kind of worried that the s3 wasn't going to even get 4G at my house let alone hold it. Surprising enough my s3 is getting 4G and holding it. I take back all the things I said about the s3 not getting good reception. Samsung really did great job on this phone. I am really satisfied with this phone and love it.

Islander53

Reaction score
I took the plunge and found a someone on craigslist that was willing to trade a white s3 with only a month use for my Rezound. Now keep in mind I did own the RAZR, RAZR Maxx, galaxy nexus and the Rezound. Out of all those phones the Rezound was the only phone that could get 4G and actually hold it at my house cause I live in a fringe 4G area. So I was kind of worried that the s3 wasn't going to even get 4G at my house let alone hold it. Surprising enough my s3 is getting 4G and holding it. I take back all the things I said about the s3 not getting good reception. Samsung really did great job on this phone. I am really satisfied with this phone and love it.

Thanks...I'm hoping that Samsung comes out with an extended battery for the S3

jimg50

Reaction score
Go on eBay. I bought a 4800vah with back. They are cheap and come from china, but good quality.