Galaxy S3

mofoliar

Reaction score
yeah just bad reception call the way around... I just wonder if there will be a firmware update ota coming for this or is it just sammy poor radio issues (all over again,another Gnex again)!

rontot

Reaction score
I use an extender, it helps a lot. The newer ones have data also, mine only voice.

I flashed the newer firmware, but can't say it helped, all my radios kinda suck to. Flashed back again.

mofoliar

Reaction score
Well maybe i will try one... They offered to give me $100 off reg. price!I really dont want to give up the S3 but i cant stand the connection issues... I get bout -97 DB at my house and my GF Razr gets -90 or tad less.. thats at my house mainly where i am at.. How does the extender do on your internet? does it bog it down a whole lot? I have comcast 25MBPS down

JBassRN

Reaction score
I have an extender as well. I don't notice any difference to my other computers on the network. I did improve my cell signal. Been very happy.

mofoliar

Reaction score
thx guys for the imput, I think i will go and pick 1 up c how that works for me... Oh yeah does the extender do 4G or just 3G?

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is the issue your s3 or the area you are in. I ask because I am using this information to decide what will be my next device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thx guys for the imput, I think i will go and pick 1 up c how that works for me... Oh yeah does the extender do 4G or just 3G?

During that was you unable to use your data. I ask because had that happen on my att s3 and was unable to make calls or data for 20 minutes. By that time i had already called vzw on a land line to turn my phone back on.

mofoliar

Reaction score
I am in a good area at my house.. Some times i loose network connection then it comes back on... I get often! I did ask my friend S. cal he has the same on ATT as well. but he said no issues noted, so that makes me believe that it could be my S3.. I am gonna give the extender a try... I still have until Oct. 23rd to exchange for another S3 or another phone! I bout -102 to -96 DB to where my GF Razr is bout -90 to -83 DB at my house..

skennelly

Reaction score

Please give us an update on what your db is after installing the extender.

Sent from my SCH-I535

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I might recommend a swap because the s3 i was playing with at the store was getting the same dbm as my nexus. The razr maxx got the best with - 70 but the s3 smoked both the nexus and razr in a speed test.

dra868

Reaction score
FYI, Verizon's range extender does not boost signal but is voip for your cell phone. It just re-routes your calls using your isp. I was having the same problem as the op and talked Verizon into sending me one for free. It has improved making and receiving calls for most of my home.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
mofoliar said:
OK, i called verizon tech support this afternoon, to ask him bout the issues with S3, and he told me he was not finding any known issues!(which i know thats not true, read the forums) I am getting no voice on the phone after 10minute call... while it still says connected! i am wondering anyone else use a extender? R they worth it? I pretty much use my cell for home use too...

Why don't you have them change your SIM card, it might help.

mofoliar

Reaction score
Oh so they sent you an extender or a replacement phone? I just talked to differ tech and he said it sounds like the S3 and not my network, i am good with 3 towers in a 5 mi radius..I know people are having mixed issues with the S3 i just wonder if i should try a swap out of the phone 1st then go for the extender...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did some research and this is not an isolated issue. Trying to determine is it another Sammy radio issue or a vzw issue. Being i am seeing a few att and sprint reports i am concerned.