Galaxy S3 wont download

nasfas

Reaction score
My husbands Galaxy s3 will not download anything through Internet. I have checked the mobile connection and that is ok. He has 11gb us3d on his phone though. When you try and download it immediately says download unsuccessful. I cannot figure out that to do. I have the S4 and have no such problems.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My husbands Galaxy s3 will not download anything through Internet. I have checked the mobile connection and that is ok. He has 11gb us3d on his phone though. When you try and download it immediately says download unsuccessful. I cannot figure out that to do. I have the S4 and have no such problems.

Go to the application manager, find the download manager and clear all cache/data.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
nasfas

nasfas

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. We have done that already.

comk4ver

Reaction score
And you're trying to avoid a factory reset? Is there a chance that the file you are trying to download won't because you have data savings on? Sometimes phones won't let you download huge files over a mobile connection. Sony's playstation android store is an example of this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mrmooney123

Reaction score
I know it's been JUST over a year since the question was posted... but have you tried a new sd card? the same happened to my phone and it turned out my sd card was corrupted even though I had alot of space left on it.
worth a try... pick up a 32gb on ebay for a tenner
kieran

YsoDexterious

Reaction score
I've had a similar problem for a while, but I think I just found the solution. I went to security and checked the box to allow downloads from unknown sources. After giving that ok, I've been able to download from the internet app. Hope that helps anyone with a similar problem.

P

promo87

Well, have you tried looking over the settings, does the settings over the device is okay. If the device settings works perfectly then head over to the settings>application manager>Tap over the Google Play Services Clear the cache and the data stores also clear the cache and the data stored by the gmail application, google palystore... etc. Then head over to the settings>accounts and sync remove the gmail account and restart your device. Once the device restart now it ask you for the gmail account, put the gmail account over the device again and then try opening the playstore and download the apps see if that works out for you or not !

vickyp82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy s3
[QUOTthing happened to me. None of the other tips helped. But what worked for me was.....go to......Settings→Application manager→disabled.....and re enable..... com.sec.android.app.keyguard.
My downloads are worjing no probs now.
nasfas, post: 2440812, member: 348612"]My husbands Galaxy s3 will not download anything through Internet. I have checked the mobile connection and that is ok. He has 11gb us3d on his phone though. When you try and download it immediately says download unsuccessful. I cannot figure out that to do. I have the S4 and have no such problems.[/QUOTE]
Same thi

mayorga80

Reaction score
[QUOTthing happened to me. None of the other tips helped. But what worked for me was.....go to......Settings→Application manager→disabled.....and re enable..... com.sec.android.app.keyguard.
My downloads are worjing no probs now.
nasfas, post: 2440812, member: 348612"]My husbands Galaxy s3 will not download anything through Internet. I have checked the mobile connection and that is ok. He has 11gb us3d on his phone though. When you try and download it immediately says download unsuccessful. I cannot figure out that to do. I have the S4 and have no such problems.
Same thi[/QUOTE]

How did you Disable then Re-enable? I don't see that option when I'm in Application Manager. I still can't get anything to download on this FreedomPop Galaxy S3!