Galaxy S3 Won't Connect To Car BT On Its Own

phil72

Reaction score
Everytime I get in my car I have to slide the drop down menu down to connect my cell to my built in Bluetooth system. I had an iphone prior (yes I know please no laughing I switched and love it)lol anyways it'd hook up everytime I stsrted the car no manual connection each time am I missing the obvious or am I just gonna have to live with it.
BTW the Bluetooth is in a 2013 Elantra so factory system as I said no issues till my gs3, thanks.

OP
phil72

phil72

Reaction score
Think I may have figured out my issue with my GS3 not connecting via bluetooth in my 2013 Elantra, I went into the settings and noticed you could make a selection to turn on the cars bluetooth I noticed it was on off. So instead of me always have to click the bluetooth on my phone to connect every time I got in the car, I noticed tonight that it'd hook up automatically now like its supposed to really bugged me since I didn't have to do this **** with my iPhone 4s.

OP
phil72

phil72

Reaction score
Well as I said I'm new to android always had iPhone so still learning things on my SG3, so I went and deleted my pairing on my car stereo and noticed something about always use this as default (something along those lines anyways)!
So ever since I did that it's been working well mostly anyways, if I leave blue tooth turned on always it's fine it'll connect as soon as i start the car but if I turn it off when in the house for the night then go out in the morning I have to click it on then choose the phone and it connects. I turn it off at night to save the battery life, so other than that it's working great. If the blue tooth didn't/doesn't use battery when not being actually needed then I'd leave it on always, I may actually try leaving it on for a couple days constantly to see if it sucks a lot of battery when not needed. Thanks

GROMAddict

Reaction score
Website
gromaudio.com
Twitter
gromaudio
Well as I said I'm new to android always had iPhone so still learning things on my SG3, so I went and deleted my pairing on my car stereo and noticed something about always use this as default (something along those lines anyways)!
So ever since I did that it's been working well mostly anyways, if I leave blue tooth turned on always it's fine it'll connect as soon as i start the car but if I turn it off when in the house for the night then go out in the morning I have to click it on then choose the phone and it connects. I turn it off at night to save the battery life, so other than that it's working great. If the blue tooth didn't/doesn't use battery when not being actually needed then I'd leave it on always, I may actually try leaving it on for a couple days constantly to see if it sucks a lot of battery when not needed. Thanks

Bluetooth on does not take that much of the battery. What does is the kids games (haha...)

OP
phil72

phil72

Reaction score
That's good then I'll just leave it and it should be just fine, as for the kids games I agree 100%! My 10 year old son is into this game that's popular called Minecraft, always boring my ipod etc. so bought him his own for Xmas so no more reasons to touch dads stuff, now he says ' it's better on your phone the pictures clearer and much larger ' I just remind him how much it is buy a new cell and I'm good for a few more days!lol