Galaxy S3 Weather Widget

OP
B

bkircher

Reaction score
That is beyond stupid as to why it wouldn't load with one widget already there. Wow totally works for both the s3 and 4. Thanks for all the help man. Really appreciate it!!

milski65

Reaction score
You've welcome. But that's not it. I'm guessing if you load from playstore, all you have to do is the steps I listed. I never got a skin from playstore, so I didn't know. As soon as you mentioned playstore I went there and downloaded

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

milski65

Reaction score
If you grab a skin from xda, you take go the other route as shown on screen shots. Make sense?

OP
B

bkircher

Reaction score
Here is the screenshot. Just trying to configure everything now. You said u had the s4 one, if u assign hotspot2 to an app, if you refresh the apps weather, will the widget refresh as well?

milski65

Reaction score
No. Each hotspot is independent of the other. And the biggest beoch is the weather syncing correctly. You can assign a hotspot to your particular weather app, but it will only bring you to that app. For instance, I have eweather for my weather app, but this will not sync to it even if I assign a hotspot to it. It uses 2 predetermined weather spots. I have to check to see which ones they are. Any other hotspot you can configure to specific apps and it will work. I'm sure I made no sense there.

OP
B

bkircher

Reaction score
Ya, that made sense. Just trying to get it to save the hotspot assignments now. Which its not doing Lol.

OP
B

bkircher

Reaction score
Ya, I am. Im gonna be using the s4 one, the overall quality looks better on that one than on the s3. I think I deleted a skin that I wasnt supposed to delete lol. For the S4 clock, Im assinging the clock app for hotspot1 then for hotspot 2 i want my weather app of beweather, and I have the weather for uccw to update every hour, and the provider is yahoo and to follow my location.

OP
B

bkircher

Reaction score
Not sure why it wont let me save the hotspots, so that way I can use them, but its not letting me save the hotspot. Like if u click on the widget, on either the calendar or the weather, nothing happens.

milski65

Reaction score
After you reassign all hotspots to what you want, click save button upper right hand corner, rename it with something simple (I put 1 in front), save, go back to home screen, delete one up there, redo long press deal for widget selection, pick whatever size, then choose your SAVED skin. Then it should be good to go.

OP
B

bkircher

Reaction score
Omg, this thing is so dumb. I did what you said. Saved the widget. deleted the old one. added the one i saved, now theres no background on the new saved widget. but the hotspots work just fine.

milski65

Reaction score
F$ck. I just tried on the skin you loaded. You can't change hotspots it seems from a skin you get from playstore.

OP
B

bkircher

Reaction score
Lol, that would make more sense. So I need to download from xda then?? That would also explain why I cant save the skin either. Do you have the free version of the app or the premium app?

milski65

Reaction score
You've going to have to load original and deal with preassigned spots until you get to xda, search uccw, find the skin you want, which you can edit.