Galaxy S3 sucks

Kittysback

Reaction score
I had a Thunderbolt and bit the bullet to upgrade in May (didn't want to lose unlimited data)... I debated between iPhone and S3. Went with S3 and glad I did. I love it (and giving up unlimited data wasn't as bad as I thought it would be).

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Droid Forums

biggles

Reaction score
The S3 is my second Samsung phone, coming from a Droid Charge. Both phones have had their fair share of tech problems. The S3 was better of course.

A widespread problem with the S3 early on was its inability to transfer files to and from a computer when connecting with usb. Was later fixed with an update.

I have other glitches like all the text history disappearing occasionally. They come back when the phone is restarted.

My wife previously owned an HTC Droid Incredible and now owns a DNA. She has had way fewer problems on her phones compared to me. My take is that Samsung is more focused on marketing and features and less on QA. HTC phones are more reliable. The user reviews on verizonwireless reflect this also. OP: you may want to switch to HTC rather than dumping Android altogether.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
tried factory reset it did nothing. no im not a iphone lover but this thing has just turned me against another droid altogether. I dont really do any customizing my phone, only use it for talk (work) text and data so the iphone will be enough for me. trying to get verizon to send me another phone maybe it will work out better and change my outlook on these things

It could be broke. You may need to replace it. The S3 is pretty damn solid as evidenced by 13 replies and not one person agrees with you.

OP
D

Dsmith

Reaction score
lets add the horrible echo when your talking

Hasoffer

Reaction score
I totaly agree, I've had mine since January and never had a single problem, great phone. I too would never go to and iphone if I had problems I'd just get a different android phone because of the limitless kinds of customizations you can do.

Andriod is the best, after reading this thread, I decide to give myself a Christmas gift as S3. and thx for all your helping tips

NOVICE

Reaction score
Had this phone since april and nothing but problems. Constantly locks up, volume levels suck overall just a horrible experience with this phone. Thanks for making my decision on my next phone easy. Iphone it is.

You might consider running a reputable virus/malware program.

Probably won't make a difference but I've seen infected phones with all sorts of problems.