Galaxy S3 sucks

Dsmith

Reaction score
Had this phone since april and nothing but problems. Constantly locks up, volume levels suck overall just a horrible experience with this phone. Thanks for making my decision on my next phone easy. Iphone it is.

BLAZETIGER

Reaction score
Had this phone since april and nothing but problems. Constantly locks up, volume levels suck overall just a horrible experience with this phone. Thanks for making my decision on my next phone easy. Iphone it is.

I've had mine for over a year. Great phone, and I can't wait to upgrade to the S4. You might have just gotten a bad phone or you are just an Apple fan. My wife has the iPhone 5. Decent phone, but nothing special. Tiny screen and limited customization options are a killer for me. She likes it cuz it's easy to use.

Reaction score
I have had my S3 for almost a year and my son has had his for a couple of months and we have had no issues at all. In my opinion the S3 is a great phone. To be honest even if I did have a bad phone I would never switch to an IPhone. I would switch to a different brand of Android phone.

S

SFGate

I would try the factory reset option before giving up on the phone.

z_man96

Reaction score
I have had my S3 for almost a year and my son has had his for a couple of months and we have had no issues at all. In my opinion the S3 is a great phone. To be honest even if I did have a bad phone I would never switch to an IPhone. I would switch to a different brand of Android phone.

I totaly agree, I've had mine since January and never had a single problem, great phone. I too would never go to and iphone if I had problems I'd just get a different android phone because of the limitless kinds of customizations you can do.

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
Try turning off Lock Screen and installing one of the volume booster apps. I pretty much cleared up the same problems.

I suspect the app store app causes some of the problems as I had noticed them happening when that app cranked up. I turned off automatic updates for a few days then back on. It's fine now.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
wow I haven't seen a negative post on here in some time......however, I've had my Galaxy S3 for over a year now and it is still kicking as much butt as it did the day I took it out of the box. I have had a few issues that were related to either the network or an app. My S3 has even had a horrible fall in the toilet (I died instantly!!!....Otterbox saved it!) and is still working wonderfully. I could not imagine dumbing down to an Iphone. :biggrin:

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
For some people, an iPhone is a perfect fit. Not everyone likes the freedom to change their phone as needed to suit their personal needs.

Nenda2

Reaction score
I totally agree! I've had my phone for almost a year and LOVE it! Of course I'm probably biased as all my phones have been a DROID. Most of my friends who have iPhones are quick to envy the ease of customization I have. I'm looking forward to the S4 for my next upgrade! I think some just get bad phones!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Love my gs3...iPhone lover for sure....this phones as solid as they come

WookieClaws

Reaction score
My wife and I got S3's in June and have been pretty happy. I think for some the iphone is the way to go, it just suites their personality and preferences. Others of us like to tinker a bit and change the way things look. To each their own, I hope you enjoy your new iphone.

If you still have a bit on your contract I'd suggest calling tech support and see about getting a replacment. Many, many of us have phones that work well so maybe its just a bad one (it happens to all make/models of phones or any electronic device).

OP
D

Dsmith

Reaction score
tried factory reset it did nothing. no im not a iphone lover but this thing has just turned me against another droid altogether. I dont really do any customizing my phone, only use it for talk (work) text and data so the iphone will be enough for me. trying to get verizon to send me another phone maybe it will work out better and change my outlook on these things

photopics

Reaction score
I love my S3! I upgraded from Dorid Razor Maxx and I am glad I did. Nothing but problems before. Now everything works fine.

Dan22

Reaction score
yea i love mine,it is the 4g version,and it zooms on the net.