Galaxy S3 sucks

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by Dsmith, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Dsmith

Dsmith Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had this phone since april and nothing but problems. Constantly locks up, volume levels suck overall just a horrible experience with this phone. Thanks for making my decision on my next phone easy. Iphone it is.

2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,677
    I'm so glad my S3 works so well. Maybe a factory reset would help.

3. BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've had mine for over a year. Great phone, and I can't wait to upgrade to the S4. You might have just gotten a bad phone or you are just an Apple fan. My wife has the iPhone 5. Decent phone, but nothing special. Tiny screen and limited customization options are a killer for me. She likes it cuz it's easy to use.

4. fishingfooltim

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my S3 for almost a year and my son has had his for a couple of months and we have had no issues at all. In my opinion the S3 is a great phone. To be honest even if I did have a bad phone I would never switch to an IPhone. I would switch to a different brand of Android phone.

5. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I would try the factory reset option before giving up on the phone.

6. z_man96

z_man96 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I totaly agree, I've had mine since January and never had a single problem, great phone. I too would never go to and iphone if I had problems I'd just get a different android phone because of the limitless kinds of customizations you can do.

7. rudywilliams

rudywilliams Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S-5
    Try turning off Lock Screen and installing one of the volume booster apps. I pretty much cleared up the same problems.

I suspect the app store app causes some of the problems as I had noticed them happening when that app cranked up. I turned off automatic updates for a few days then back on. It's fine now.

8. droidprincess

droidprincess Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,391
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
    Twitter:
    droidprincesstx
    wow I haven't seen a negative post on here in some time......however, I've had my Galaxy S3 for over a year now and it is still kicking as much butt as it did the day I took it out of the box. I have had a few issues that were related to either the network or an app. My S3 has even had a horrible fall in the toilet (I died instantly!!!....Otterbox saved it!) and is still working wonderfully. I could not imagine dumbing down to an Iphone. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mike.757

Mike.757 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +471
    For some people, an iPhone is a perfect fit. Not everyone likes the freedom to change their phone as needed to suit their personal needs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nenda2

Nenda2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agree! I've had my phone for almost a year and LOVE it! Of course I'm probably biased as all my phones have been a DROID. Most of my friends who have iPhones are quick to envy the ease of customization I have. I'm looking forward to the S4 for my next upgrade! I think some just get bad phones!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

11. jared845

jared845 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Love my gs3...iPhone lover for sure....this phones as solid as they come

12. WookieClaws

WookieClaws Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My wife and I got S3's in June and have been pretty happy. I think for some the iphone is the way to go, it just suites their personality and preferences. Others of us like to tinker a bit and change the way things look. To each their own, I hope you enjoy your new iphone.

If you still have a bit on your contract I'd suggest calling tech support and see about getting a replacment. Many, many of us have phones that work well so maybe its just a bad one (it happens to all make/models of phones or any electronic device).

Search tags for this page

adobe flash player s3

my galaxy 3 sucks