1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Galaxy S3 sucks

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by Dsmith, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Dsmith

Dsmith Member

Had this phone since april and nothing but problems. Constantly locks up, volume levels suck overall just a horrible experience with this phone. Thanks for making my decision on my next phone easy. Iphone it is.
  2. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm so glad my S3 works so well. Maybe a factory reset would help.
  3. BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER New Member

I've had mine for over a year. Great phone, and I can't wait to upgrade to the S4. You might have just gotten a bad phone or you are just an Apple fan. My wife has the iPhone 5. Decent phone, but nothing special. Tiny screen and limited customization options are a killer for me. She likes it cuz it's easy to use.
  4. fishingfooltim

fishingfooltim Member

I have had my S3 for almost a year and my son has had his for a couple of months and we have had no issues at all. In my opinion the S3 is a great phone. To be honest even if I did have a bad phone I would never switch to an IPhone. I would switch to a different brand of Android phone.
  5. SFGate

SFGate Banned

I would try the factory reset option before giving up on the phone.
  6. z_man96

z_man96 New Member

I totaly agree, I've had mine since January and never had a single problem, great phone. I too would never go to and iphone if I had problems I'd just get a different android phone because of the limitless kinds of customizations you can do.
  7. rudywilliams

rudywilliams New Member

Try turning off Lock Screen and installing one of the volume booster apps. I pretty much cleared up the same problems.

I suspect the app store app causes some of the problems as I had noticed them happening when that app cranked up. I turned off automatic updates for a few days then back on. It's fine now.
  8. droidprincess

droidprincess Premium Member Premium Member

wow I haven't seen a negative post on here in some time......however, I've had my Galaxy S3 for over a year now and it is still kicking as much butt as it did the day I took it out of the box. I have had a few issues that were related to either the network or an app. My S3 has even had a horrible fall in the toilet (I died instantly!!!....Otterbox saved it!) and is still working wonderfully. I could not imagine dumbing down to an Iphone. :biggrin:
    1 person likes this.
  9. Mike.757

Mike.757 New Member

For some people, an iPhone is a perfect fit. Not everyone likes the freedom to change their phone as needed to suit their personal needs.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Nenda2

Nenda2 New Member

I totally agree! I've had my phone for almost a year and LOVE it! Of course I'm probably biased as all my phones have been a DROID. Most of my friends who have iPhones are quick to envy the ease of customization I have. I'm looking forward to the S4 for my next upgrade! I think some just get bad phones!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  11. jared845

jared845 New Member

Love my gs3...iPhone lover for sure....this phones as solid as they come
  12. WookieClaws

WookieClaws Member

My wife and I got S3's in June and have been pretty happy. I think for some the iphone is the way to go, it just suites their personality and preferences. Others of us like to tinker a bit and change the way things look. To each their own, I hope you enjoy your new iphone.

If you still have a bit on your contract I'd suggest calling tech support and see about getting a replacment. Many, many of us have phones that work well so maybe its just a bad one (it happens to all make/models of phones or any electronic device).
  13. Dsmith

Dsmith Member

tried factory reset it did nothing. no im not a iphone lover but this thing has just turned me against another droid altogether. I dont really do any customizing my phone, only use it for talk (work) text and data so the iphone will be enough for me. trying to get verizon to send me another phone maybe it will work out better and change my outlook on these things
  14. photopics

photopics New Member

I love my S3! I upgraded from Dorid Razor Maxx and I am glad I did. Nothing but problems before. Now everything works fine.
  15. Dan22

Dan22 New Member

yea i love mine,it is the 4g version,and it zooms on the net.
  16. Kittysback

Kittysback New Member

I had a Thunderbolt and bit the bullet to upgrade in May (didn't want to lose unlimited data)... I debated between iPhone and S3. Went with S3 and glad I did. I love it (and giving up unlimited data wasn't as bad as I thought it would be).

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Droid Forums
  17. biggles

biggles New Member

The S3 is my second Samsung phone, coming from a Droid Charge. Both phones have had their fair share of tech problems. The S3 was better of course.

A widespread problem with the S3 early on was its inability to transfer files to and from a computer when connecting with usb. Was later fixed with an update.

I have other glitches like all the text history disappearing occasionally. They come back when the phone is restarted.

My wife previously owned an HTC Droid Incredible and now owns a DNA. She has had way fewer problems on her phones compared to me. My take is that Samsung is more focused on marketing and features and less on QA. HTC phones are more reliable. The user reviews on verizonwireless reflect this also. OP: you may want to switch to HTC rather than dumping Android altogether.
  18. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

It could be broke. You may need to replace it. The S3 is pretty damn solid as evidenced by 13 replies and not one person agrees with you.
  19. Dsmith

Dsmith Member

lets add the horrible echo when your talking
  20. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

I get that same thing now and then on 2 other phones, so far not the S3.
Search tags for this page

adobe flash player s3

my galaxy 3 sucks