Galaxy S3 sending SMS alerts to exchange email

krismarie

Reaction score
I have my work email set up via exchange on my s3, and it keeps sending SMS notifications, along with the actual text, to my exchange email account. How do I disable this?

sethatwood

Reaction score
And the winner is ...

I have my work email set up via exchange on my s3, and it keeps sending SMS notifications, along with the actual text, to my exchange email account. How do I disable this?

go into settings > accounts and sync > Micro$oft Exchange Account > Settings > Name of Account > Scroll to the very bottom.

uncheck "Sync SMS"

Reaction score
go into settings > accounts and sync > Micro$oft Exchange Account > Settings > Name of Account > Scroll to the very bottom.

uncheck "Sync SMS"

That's funny. Thought I was reading a MSFT thread. Only MsFT makes you go 6 levels deep for a radio button.

But thanks for the solution. Am having same issue.

chiptech

Reaction score
further clarification

I appreciate the posting on how to deal with stopping sms messages getting posted to my inbox. But i had to go further into the menu to find the sync SMS to un tag, it was under server setttings, once i clicked on my email account name. poke around, you'll find it.

G_Rossney

Reaction score
How can I reply to the SMS message from Outlook?!

So my question is how can I reply to the SMS message from outlook! I find it so annoying typing a response on my phone, I think it would be awesome to simply be able to type a response like I'm responding to an email!

dbj

Reaction score

uncheck "Sync SMS"

had the same issue, this solves it for me!

eugenerudenko

Reaction score
So my question is how can I reply to the SMS message from outlook! I find it so annoying typing a response on my phone, I think it would be awesome to simply be able to type a response like I'm responding to an email!
Why do you need to reply to SMS from your outlook? It's just a notification.

EvilDaifu

Reaction score
So I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and suddenly 2 days ago, started getting first 160 characters or so of SMS messages sent to my work email account - now that is undesirable because not all txt messages are work related. So on the Samsung Galaxy S4 you have to go even further down layers.

Settings (gear cog up the top)
Accounts
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
Settings
Touch on your work email address under Added accounts
Scroll down to More settings and touch it
Scroll down to Sync SMS and uncheck it

Buggered if I know how it got set in the first place as it was not doing it before and I definitely did not just follow all the above steps to turn it on LOL.

Hope that helps :biggrin:

ddenunzio

Reaction score
S4 owners...

Open your corporate email on your phone open settings>select your account>scroll down to more options>scroll down to sync sms> uncheck