Galaxy S3 screen cracked by itself.... anyone else? Verizon..

yasmeensmo

Reaction score
HI,

Interesting thoughts.. thanks or sharing.. very usefull one.. :icon_ lala:

drunkclever

Reaction score
Not a S3 ... RAZR maxx cracked its screen the other day. Accidently left it out in the open... center console.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Unfortunately, heat caused by direct sunlight can cause the case to expand and deform placing uneven stress on the glass triggering a crack. Also, a swelling battery can cause screen cracking, and heat can contribute to a battery's swelling. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dbbarbour

Reaction score
cracked internal screen on Galaxy s4

Well I went to a Verizon store and was told it wouldn't be covered. They said any cracked screens are considered customer abuse. I explained that I didn't drop it or any other thing that the screen just cracked. The rep said there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to a manager and the rep said the Regional Manager was in the back. I asked to speak to him and the rep went in the back and came back a few minutes later and said the Regional Manager was busy and couldn't talk to me for at least an hour or two. I was shocked. Then the rep said I could get insurance and call after 24 hours to file a claim, but it was going to cost me $6.95 a month plus $100 deductible. He said I could go the the BJ's Club around the corner and ask for Jose the Manager there and see if he could swap it.

So I went and asked for Jose and the rep there said he was on break. So I explained the situation again and was told the same thing. They wouldn't do anything for me since the screen being cracked meant abuse. The screen itself has one hairline crack from the home button to the top of the phone with a few more smaller cracks which have developed on the edges of the phone. He said there were no reported issues with the phone. I asked him when Jose the manager was coming back and he called him on his cell. Then after telling him the issue the rep hands me the phone and says he wants to talk to you. I got on the phone and Jose said that there was nothing he or anyone else could do for me. Now that's two managers one a general manager and the other a regional manager that didn't even have the time to talk to a customer of 10 years. I can't believe they wouldn't even show their faces....

I then asked the rep if there was anything he suggested I do and he gave me the phone number for Samsung and said try calling them. He also said he could put the insurance on the phone since I only had it for 12 days. I told him to add it. I asked if I could return the phone and he said I have until 9pm tomorrow to return it, but if it was damaged they would charge me $749 plus the $50 restocking fee. He said my best bet is to file a insurance claim after 24 hours.

I am at a loss for words. I wish I never purchased this phone... I'm going to call Samsung tomorrow and maybe Verizon Corporate. If that doesn't work, then I'll have no choice but to file the insurance claim.

Sigh...
Aloha, I feel your pain and wished that I had done a thorough review before I purchased my Galaxy s4 32 days ago. Mine had the cracked screen issue 30 days to the date of purchase. I was pressing my off on switch and it went black...I had used it just 30 minutes before with no problem. I also still have a working original Galaxy (my daughter owns it now) which is about 3 years old. I am not HARD on my phones!
I am warning all my friends about this NOT to buy one unless they want to carry it in bubble wrap. Sadly, no relief from T-mobile my carrier I will be sending a letter to Samsung from my attorney just to have a paper trail...Hoping some kind lawyer...will do a class action suit against Samsung...I feel a tiny tiny bit better that I am not the only one...but it is not right and certainly will affect their reputation. No more Samsung products for me and my family. I am looking at selling my s4 when I get the insuranced one and getting and Iphone at least they help their customers better. Hope you doing well now.

Jamie1985

Reaction score
Maybe it's the heat that cracked your phone. I would suggest you Verizon first, to see
what they can do for you. Since your phone is still under warranty, the worst thing would
be paying a bit and get a new one.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, sucks when it cracks spontaneously as it's your (word) against the carrier or retailer. Still, I'd not give up without a very aggressive fight. There are enough examples to quote of this happening to others.

Anyway, glad yours is fixed again... Sorry you had to eat the costs (and provide the labor).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2