Galaxy S3 screen cracked by itself.... anyone else? Verizon..

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I never been to mollywood... nice torture test.. guess they messed up on a few bad ones of the 20+ million and all we here about is the bad ones and not the good ones lol.. my bionic cracked on its own a few weeks ago... but I hardly care enough to complain about it... if it was brand new it would be a different story

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I just wish those test videos could do one more test that personally I think is obvious...leaving your phone on your lap and getting out of the car. Not only this motion, but we need to see the phone hit some asphault...that's what'll get ya. They never do this and I don't know why, because it's such a common way of destroying phones.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just wish those test videos could do one more test that personally I think is obvious...leaving your phone on your lap and getting out of the car. Not only this motion, but we need to see the phone hit some asphault...that's what'll get ya. They never do this and I don't know why, because it's such a common way of destroying phones.

plenty of those just search it... here's one [video=youtube;K7e9ebi41Wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7e9ebi41Wc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
No, no, you misunderstand me. I meant doing that motion specifically, not just an asphalt drop test. The physics involved could be drastically different than just holding the phone 5 feet from the ground and dropping it. You never know...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
have you ever put your phone in your pocket with your keys? I know it's worse then what she was doing... especially if you wear tight jeans... or cargo pants... things bounce around in those cargo pockets like mad.

mitchkym

Reaction score
Galaxy S3 Sceen Cracked

I just purchased a Galaxy S3 10 days ago and picked it up to use it and lo and behold the screen was cracked ! It was over a weekend so I callled Samsung tech support and they told me I could file a repair claim and it would cost approx 197.00! I went to the Verizon store where purchased and was told I would need to file an insurance claim with 100.0 deductible. I told them no way- I was not filing an insurance claim for a defective phone and possible receive a refurbished one in return. I told them I wanted to return and she called the manager and said they only accept returns in "working condition":blink:

I am livid especially after seeing online all of the issues with these screens. I had Blackberrys for 7 years and my last one for over two years- dropped it numerous times and never cracked and this Samsung cracks on its own in 10 days.

mitchkym

Reaction score
No. It is a concern. I purchased my S3 10 days ago and it cracked -they want me to file an insurance claim with 100 deductible to get a refurbished phone due to their low quality glass. It was not dropped either.

ih8iphones

Reaction score
No. It is a concern. I purchased my S3 10 days ago and it cracked -they want me to file an insurance claim with 100 deductible to get a refurbished phone due to their low quality glass. It was not dropped either.

I hate the pentile screen , samsung admitted they went cheap on the screen and software notice alot of stock apps are missing .there trying to be like apple day by day so get use to it thats one reason i switch over to ios.

Sent from my R800at using Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, no, you misunderstand me. I meant doing that motion specifically, not just an asphalt drop test. The physics involved could be drastically different than just holding the phone 5 feet from the ground and dropping it. You never know...

well if it cracks from 5 feet it can't be any worse from lap height lol... the best torture test was the guy that strapped it to a bomb.. let's just say it didn't survive that either lol

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Are you guys using screen protectors or no? And can anyone post pictures of their cracked screens? My screen protector is super scratched up (I don't even know why, I don't put it with keys or anything) already so I don't wanna take it off for fear it'll accelerate my screen cracking. I dropped my Thunderbolt face down often, usually from the car or the airplane and it was a trooper... wish I had faith in the S3 like that.

Sputnik9

Reaction score
Cracked Screen Samsung Galaxy S3 - BRAND NEW!

Are you guys using screen protectors or no? And can anyone post pictures of their cracked screens? My screen protector is super scratched up (I don't even know why, I don't put it with keys or anything) already so I don't wanna take it off for fear it'll accelerate my screen cracking. I dropped my Thunderbolt face down often, usually from the car or the airplane and it was a trooper... wish I had faith in the S3 like that.

Mine had the screen protector on installed by the Verizon rep the day I purchased it. I had the phone for 7 hours and it cracked.

DroidNOOB5

Reaction score
Mine had a stealth screen protector and otterbox on it from day one. My crack is small corner to corner and luckily hasn't spread but it un nerves me. I had blackberries for years and my phones stay impeccable. I am overly careful. And this one breaks in under 2 weeks.. No drop and protected by OEM products... Grr.

MrBunster

Reaction score
I have the matte black Diztronic tpu case on this puppy with no screen protector. Lots of drops from 2-3 ft. And no cracks. What a great $9 purchase!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
wvdroidman said:
they don't try to drop it on it's screen. They always drop it on it's back.Plus like I said who leaves their phone to dry for 4 days? Alot of people use it within the day especially if it is their ONLY phone.

So you are telling us a phone that is dropped glass "face down" first and the GLASS breaks, that there is something wrong with the glass, for your information glass does break very easily. Gorilla glass is scratch proof, not shatter proof. And that goes fir any fortified glass. Reading most of the comments in here about the glass on their phones breaking by just placing their phone in their pocket, yea right. I dropped my S 3 a few times since day one, not one scratch or glass failure, just dropped it yesterday on my tiled kitchen floor and no issues. People need to realize that Samsung and all manufacturers do many stress tests before devices are put on the market for sale.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So you are telling us a phone that is dropped glass "face down" first and the GLASS breaks, that there is something wrong with the glass, for your information glass does break very easily. Gorilla glass is scratch proof*, not shatter proof. And that goes fir any fortified glass. Reading most of the comments in here about the glass on their phones breaking by just placing their phone in their pocket, yea right. I dropped my S 3 a few times since day one, not one scratch or glass failure, just dropped it yesterday on my tiled kitchen floor and no issues. People need to realize that Samsung and all manufacturers do many stress tests before devices are put on the market for sale.

*scratch resistant. Gorilla glass, like any glass, can be scratched. It's just more difficult to scratch. :)