Galaxy S3 owners - have a couple of questions

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the Note and Note 2 have the same size screen? If so, I'm waiting for the Note 2 then. I really liked my brothers Note today.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
note 2 has a larger screen (5.5). The note 2 is slimmer but slightly taller than the note.

here is a side by side.

[video=youtube;ealqvz196M0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ealqvz196M0[/video]

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I was at my brother's today and he has the Note, so if it's that size, I just might hold out for it afterall. I didn't think it was anything compared to the size of the LG device they told me it was close to. I really liked the Note today too. I think I'm going to do something different - be patient! Then I can get a really nice phone instead of jumping on the S3.

Are you implying the GS3 isn't a really nice phone?!?! If you want the bigger screen definitely wait, but by no means is the S3 just a "settle with" phone. Though it sounds like you're already pretty set on the Note2, so enjoy!!

jgmecarter

Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:
Are you implying the GS3 isn't a really nice phone?!?! If you want the bigger screen definitely wait, but by no means is the S3 just a "settle with" phone. Though it sounds like you're already pretty set on the Note2, so enjoy!!

The S3 is a great phone but if he does not mind the larger screen and he got the S3 because it is out right now then he would be settling. The note 2 is better than the S3 in every way when it comes to specs. The only problem with the note 2 is that it is to big for some people.

music life

Reaction score
I would wait to see how the quad core phone works first... Could come out and be like the X2. first dual core phone and was crap. First quad core phone could have problems too.. Not sure if Note 2 will be the first out. But from experience I will always wait a bit now.

Think the companies need to start working on battery tech vs how many cores they can get in a phone.. But thats a whole different subject :)

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I was quite surprised at how much I really liked the S3. I don't want to get it then realize next month I should have waited for the Note 2. Still torn what to do.

music life

Reaction score
Well in 3 months there is gonna be something even better. Go with whatever you like best. If the note hit you right. Then waiting for the note 2 might be smart. If not well then either way S3 or Note 2, your getting an awesome phone.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
music life said:
I would wait to see how the quad core phone works first... Could come out and be like the X2. first dual core phone and was crap. First quad core phone could have problems too.. Not sure if Note 2 will be the first out. But from experience I will always wait a bit now.

Think the companies need to start working on battery tech vs how many cores they can get in a phone.. But thats a whole different subject :)

The note 2 is not the first quad core device. It is the first quad core device to become available in the US that works with lte. Samsung has already proven that quad core devices do work with lte on the Samsung galaxy S3 with the S3 that they released in Korea at the end of June. HTC one X international version has a quad core as well. I am with you on the companies needing to work on battery life but I am also for having a phone that has the power to do what ever I need it to do.

Wopback

Reaction score
I just got an S3 and loved it within the first hour....WOW!!! The SW features alone are revolutionary. I can't name them all.

I came from Inc, D1, Razr and Maxx. I too was holding out for either the N2 or Inc X, but I did tons of research through Phonedog, CNET, POCKETNOW, phone arena, TECHNO BUFFALO, and a couple others. This will arguably be one of the best phones at least until 2013...LOL!!!

you won't be disappointed, if you go this route

jgmecarter

Reaction score
The S3 is the best phone right now but the note 2 is the S3 on steroids. It has everything the S3 has and much more. The only thing is is that you have to want a bigger phone

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you don't mind the larger foot print the note 2 will be an awesome device. But there are some who feel that is roo large and for them the s3 may be the good choice. Att is taking it further by releasing a s3 like phone smaller than the s3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Been away for a long time but I have a Droid X that has an upgrade available in a couple of weeks and I am leaning toward the S3. The note2 will be pretty nice but it will be too big for me to carry around all the time and use as a phone. I'll get a real tablet down the road for a bigger yet screen for easier browsing and such.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Been away for a long time but I have a Droid X that has an upgrade available in a couple of weeks and I am leaning toward the S3. The note2 will be pretty nice but it will be too big for me to carry around all the time and use as a phone. I'll get a real tablet down the road for a bigger yet screen for easier browsing and such.

good to see you around.

And yeah whether you go s3 or note 2 you gonna get a good device. Yeah the note 2 will require big pockets. But for me it is the perfect middle point between phone tablet (hence the name phablet) and looks way better than that lg intuition. The Lg phone looks weird.

Wopback

Reaction score
I feel bad. I've been a moto loyalist for years. But this S3 is what smartphones should be and I'm just amazed with Samsung.

I had an omnia years ago for a short time, and wow how times have changed. Can't go wrong with this phone...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I feel bad. I've been a moto loyalist for years. But this S3 is what smartphones should be and I'm just amazed with Samsung.

I had an omnia years ago for a short time, and wow how times have changed. Can't go wrong with this phone...

understood, I think a lot of us have given motorola a pass because they basically took android mainstream. The og droid for a lot of us was that phone that got us into android and what motorola did with that phone was awesome. Year after year we have given moto a pass but the reality is they have really have not put out a phone that made users feel like this device is a leader of the pack. And motorola has had so many chances to basically become the king of android. Samsung with the fascinate and the charge was not high on any one's list and htc had a chance but just could not get over the horrid battery life and sense was getting long in the tooth. Motorola seems to be late on everything and it is costing them. Last year they was late with the bionic which led to back to back devices being released (bionic, d3, razr, d4) and this year they missed releasing the maxx hd during the window of opportunity they had during the dead period between the s3 and iPhone 5. Many of us were waiting and willing to choose it over the s3 and note 2 (which has better specs). Love motorola would love to see motorola where samsung is at holding the place of being the best android device and arguably the best device period.