Galaxy S3 owners - have a couple of questions

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was pretty sure until today I was going to hold out for the Samsung Note 2. Today I paid a visit to the VZW store and they had an LG phone that is the same screen size as the Note 2, and I knew right then that it would be too big for my use. So, I looked at the selection and came to the conclusion my next phone is probably the Galaxy S3. I can officially upgrade on October 7 (next Sunday), so I have a few days to think this over.

What do you like about the phone? What don't you like about the phone? Is it worth the $199 upgrade?

Lastly, for those who rooted their S3, is it pretty simple to go through the rooting process? How about the bootloader that's locked?

And, it appears there's not a HDMI port on this phone?

Thanks in advance.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Who told you that the lg intuition is the same size as the note 2? The note 2 is not as wide but it is a little taller. It will fit in you hand a lot better than the intuition will. Do not listen to what Verizon reps tell you their job is to sell you what ever phone they have in the store. Most of them do not even know that the note 2 is coming to Verizon. The people at the Verizon store in my area still tell people that the razor maxx has the best specs and that it is their best phone. I love my S 3 but I will be buying the note 2 the second it comes out.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
And also the note 2 has a 5.5 inch screen and the LG intuition has a 5 inch screen. The intuition is not even in the same league as the note 2

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The rep said the Intuition screen is pretty close, didn't say it was an exact match or anything. They did not try to even get me interested in the Intuition, nor would I have listened because of the fact it's an LG phone.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm also going to take a close look at the S3 and compare to the upcoming Razr Maxx HD which comes out probably early November.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I read somewhere yesterday that the HD is being delayed because of radio issues. I think they were talking about in the razor HD thread

music life

Reaction score
best buy has the s3 for $150 If that makes it any better. I got the phone, Otterbox, and InvisibleSHIELD screen protector all for about 212 dollars :)

Id say thats worth it.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
best buy has the s3 for $150 If that makes it any better. I got the phone, Otterbox, and InvisibleSHIELD screen protector all for about 212 dollars :)

Id say thats worth it.
Hey that's not bad for pricing. We have a couple of Best Buy stores in my area so that would be better to buy there if they're the same price when I go to buy.

DAGS00

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to create a photo album in s3 to organize pictures??? Thanks!

itzdareel1

Reaction score
DAGS00 said:
Does anyone know how to create a photo album in s3 to organize pictures??? Thanks!

Very simple, go to your apps, open up my files, select source wherever you want to create the folder, tap menu then you should see the create folder option.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Vulcan go to at&t store and hold the original galaxy note. The lg intuition really is far off. The note 2 will be closer to the feel of the original note.

2) we have a sister site: Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum That is where I asked a lot of questions about the s3.

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vulcan go to at&t store and hold the original galaxy note. The lg intuition really is far off. The note 2 will be closer to the feel of the original note.

2) we have a sister site: Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum That is where I asked a lot of questions about the s3.
I was at my brother's today and he has the Note, so if it's that size, I just might hold out for it afterall. I didn't think it was anything compared to the size of the LG device they told me it was close to. I really liked the Note today too. I think I'm going to do something different - be patient! Then I can get a really nice phone instead of jumping on the S3.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
good idea and if you buy the note 2 and dont like it you can always go back to s3. But if you buy the s3 today and the note 2 turns out to be awesome you will be kicking yourself. By the way I am struggling being patient as well. :icon_ devil:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah bro size not even close

[video=youtube;fZB995Uy718]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZB995Uy718[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i know that vid is the original note but look at note 2 and see its still not close

[video=youtube;CBFgwzAMWkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBFgwzAMWkQ&feature=g-all-u[/video]