Galaxy S3 not workin after replacing motherbaord, please help me

jake88

Reaction score
Hello all. First of al sorry for my bad English. I had a S3 with a broken LCD screen so i couldnt see anything or couldn't unlock the phone. Therofore i bought an other S3 with a working lcd screen, so i could switch the motherboards. Before i switched the motherboards I have connected my motherboard with the lcd kabel in the other phone. So the motherbaords were in the phones, but the mothboard of my phone was connected to the screen of the other phone. So i could unlock my phone with the screen of the other phone. Because the cable of the lcd was short, the cable disconnected 3 or 4 times but it worked. After the last time it disconnected I ve reconnected the motherboard and the lcd screen in the same way. But this time I my phone didnt start up, no lights no nothing. Then I connected the working LCD screen to his own motherboard and that worked. So then i took out my own motherboard and put in the other phone, i connected everything, ive connected the lcd screen and tried to startup. But it doesnt work at al. No lights no electricity, nothing happens. And I have a lot of ver very imprtant data on my phone. My question is, is it possible to ever get my data? Does my motherboard work? Was there a short circiut? If my motherboard doesnt work, is it psossible to take the hard drive of my mother board and put it on a other motherboard to save my date? Please, pleasse, please help me.... My graduation depends on it....

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds like you may have shorted out the MB when the cable came off.

OP
J

jake88

Reaction score
Ok. What does that mean? What are thr consequence and what can I or should I do to fix the problem?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Take the phone to a qualified technician.

OP
J

jake88

Reaction score
Ok. I will. Thank you very much Jeffery. But I have one last question. Is it possible to put the storage system on the MB to another MB so I can acces my data?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I believe it is soldered to the MB and removing it will be an issue. Ask the technician if they can recover your data.

OP
J

jake88

Reaction score
I have found the problem. There was a shortout on the mainboard. This caused a shortout in the Memory IC. My phone would work if I replaced this, but it doesnt solve my problem because I can't get back my data because it was stored on this chip. My advise to others is, never ever connect a mainboard to a LCD before putting the mainboard in the correct phone. I've lost all my data, learn from my mistake so it won't happen to you. I have to make all video's all over again that I wanted to use for my thesis. But thanks for your help and I hope I could help others.