Galaxy S3 flashed to boost mobile...update?

xa3phod

Reaction score
Hey folks...

Here is my dilemma:

I have a Galaxy S3 originally from Sprint. I had it flashed to Boost Mobile and rooted. I keep getting a message about an update 4.1.2. I emailed the company that flashed my phone (flashedphones.net) and they did a pretty good job, but they say that if I do the upgrade my phone may revert back to Sprint...which obviously, I don't want. They suggest I put in a custom 4.1.2 rom. Which rom pretty much works exactly like the stock rom except just better and won't mess with the Boost flash?

Thanks for the help in advance.

WillisD

Reaction score
They are right, custom roms don't have carrier specific radios and such, would be your best bet

OP
X

xa3phod

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Do you have a rom you recommend that is as close to stock as possible, but with all the new features of the new patch?

galaxytoboost

Reaction score
Hey folks...

Here is my dilemma:

I have a Galaxy S3 originally from Sprint. I had it flashed to Boost Mobile and rooted. I keep getting a message about an update 4.1.2. I emailed the company that flashed my phone (flashedphones.net) and they did a pretty good job, but they say that if I do the upgrade my phone may revert back to Sprint...which obviously, I don't want. They suggest I put in a custom 4.1.2 rom. Which rom pretty much works exactly like the stock rom except just better and won't mess with the Boost flash?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Actually the roms shouldn't matter and won't erase your boost mobile programming settings, HOWEVER, a rom WILL replace your APN settings, which enables MMS (picture messages)... flashedphones.net probably didn't even set it to the correct settings to enable MMS texts to begin with?

Also check out GalaxytoBoost.com if your looking for a full guide to flash any Samsung Galaxy device to boost mobile... it has full hd video guide, the software tools and everything you need is included! 64 bit support, Mac support, MMS (pic texts) enabled, free WiFi hotspot, etc. The site also includes a full root guide as well as rooted roms, how to install them, etc.