Galaxy S2 coming to Verizon in July!!!!!

KJW979

Reaction score
Just a pondering thought, since Samsung gave CM developer an S2 to play with assuming there going to leave bootloader unlocked but is Verizon going to allow this when/ if phone gets to Verizon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a pondering thought, since Samsung gave CM developer an S2 to play with assuming there going to leave bootloader unlocked but is Verizon going to allow this when/ if phone gets to Verizon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I am sure vzws variant will be much different than the one cm got, but I am guessing it will still be unlocked. The root exploit may be harder to find. I hope vzw doesn't decide to drop or delay the phone for this reason though. They already have the Charge, they could just tell samsung that they don't need the s2...hopefully not though.

Sent from my fascinate

Masamichi7

Reaction score
If anything, Samsung has always been very easy for devs to hack, so I wouldn't worry as much about the bootloader issue. And I'm pretty sure it has native HDMI mirroring, but not a hundred percent sure.

I just hope Verizon doesn't stick with just the Charge, and deny us access to the Galaxy S2 "Function" model.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was all excited about this news when I ran across it as well.. bummer :( I think this is going to be a great phone!

GSdub510

Reaction score
How will the battery life be compared to the Fascinate? Cause it's horrible on that phone...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Battery is fine on my rooted fascinate, but I know people have had problems with it. But the battery life on the Charge is suppose to be awesome, so hopefully that technology will carry over the the S2.

GSdub510

Reaction score
My fascinate also gets very hot and often 100+ degrees. Can't wait to dump this phone. Love the screen and that's about it. But I read online that a Verizon executive said that a July release was a mistake and that they meant the galaxy 10.1 tab

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

simi4u

Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy S2 also offers the Social Hub, Game Hub, Readers Hub and Music Hub for entertainment and multimedia. The Game Hub lets users download high quality games, providing 12 social network games and 13 premium games including Gameloft's Real Football 2011. Six-axis motion tracking (accelerometer + gyroscope) is naturally supported, like the original Galaxy S.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
So when is the Samsung Galaxy S2 coming to Verizon!?

Monkey74

Reaction score
My Droid broke, upgrade is on the 29th of this month. I'm still waiting for the Bionic, bit then I read about this one. Which one would be a better phone, SII or Bionic? Since I'm still waiting, thanks for the advice.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

alienware777

Reaction score
My Droid broke, upgrade is on the 29th of this month. I'm still waiting for the Bionic, bit then I read about this one. Which one would be a better phone, SII or Bionic? Since I'm still waiting, thanks for the advice.

If you need 4g, the bionic is. If you can live without, the gs2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Monkey74

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It looks like the wait is still on for the Bionic then.

Monkey74

Reaction score

If you need 4g, the bionic is. If you can live without, the gs2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks man.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mods..can you edit the title of this thread so it says something like (not really) or (updated) as we know the news story has been proven false? Thank you.