Galaxy S II benchmarked, makes other phones cry in shame (Engadget)

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
I don't put much weight into benchmark scores, but this is still pretty incredible. There's no doubt this is going to be an awesome phone, and I've been waiting for it since Samsung revealed it at Barcelona. I just hope it comes out on Verizon next month, or at least in June.

OP
C

chuckz28

Reaction score
Yeah, earlier quadrants were pretty poor but that extra bump in processor speed combined with refined software and drivers really put it where it should be. After writing off the Bionic I can't wait for it myself.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Last edited:
OP
C

chuckz28

Reaction score
Wow that's crazy fast. You can see the s2 stays almost stuck on the 60 fps cap the whole time. I would like to see what it would score if developers find a way to take off that cap. Even if they don't I don't think anyone will complain about "only" being able to hit 60 GPS.

King_Bean

Reaction score
Those specs look fantastic.

That should guarantee Verizon never gets it. :D

I swear to God, if Verizon doesn't get this phone or the S3, I will switch carriers so fast...

I might switch carriers anyway b/c of this tiered data crap.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

I swear to God, if Verizon doesn't get this phone or the S3, I will switch carriers so fast...

Don't be fast to switch because of tiered. I'll lay good money they all go to tiered before its all said and done.

King_Bean

Reaction score

Don't be fast to switch because of tiered. I'll lay good money they all go to tiered before its all said and done.

Ahhhh, very good point. I love Verizon's call quality and 3G speeds. But I wonder if they will also have the fastest 4G speeds two years from now (I'm assuming it'll be two years before 4G is "fully" functional).

Reaction score
I was in the vzw store yesterday and ran quadrant on a bunch of phones... the lg rev got the best @ 2000 followed by the dx2 @ 1500... but I dunno how well quadrant uses dual core yet... most of the bad scores come from the read/write I think...

You have just been post pwned

simi4u

Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy S2 a big tick for its messaging capabilities – there's a plethora of options here, and it's very easy indeed to stay connected through pretty much any method you can think of.For instance, the voice input key has taken the place of the comma button, which is clearly going to be used far more. We moaned about this on the Google Nexus S, but on that phone there's an option to change it in the settings – no such luck here.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
It makes most phones cry in shame.
My DroidX got 3200!

But thats rooted, and OC'd.

jemmymoore

Reaction score
specs make look even prestigious apple's iphone 4 lame :laugh:, screen resolution matters where sg2 lags but there's no large difference. Iphone 4 has 3.5 inch display screen while samsung galaxy s2 has 4.2 :icon_ lala: inch and important to note is samsung galaxy s2 offers both high resolution camera, 8MP rear and 2MP front while that of iphone 4 with high cost offers only 5MP rear and cheap front camera :icon_eek:. Even costwise sgs2 is inexpensive as compared to iphone 4. Definitely it makes prestigious phones:clap: look dull...lol

Last edited:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Stop with the iPhone garbage already. A brand new phone had better best the specs of a year old phone. If you are going to compare things, make legitimate comparisons. If you are so bitter about the Apple, at least do a legitimate comparison when the new iPhone comes out. This is ridiculous.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk