Galaxy S 3 to Feature 4.8" Display and Ceramic Back With Simultaneous Global Launch

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
gs3leak.jpg

The most highly anticipated smartphone of 2012 just got a little more impressive. According to a source close to Boy Genius, the handset will feature a 4.8" screen, ceramic back and will launch in over 50 markets or cities simultaneously. No other details were given about the screen tech or other specs. The previously rumored specs include a quad-core processor, Android 4.0, and 4G LTE. We are curious to find out if the SGIII will be bezel-less.

That's the latest on the GSIII folks!

Source: BGR

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm, hopefully one of those markets is Verizon...i mean it does say 4g LTE and Verizon is the undisputed king of LTE

SniperDroid

Reaction score
still ceramic tends to shatter fairly easily

The Space Shuttle didn't have much trouble with it... Ceramic projcetile go from zero to 3500 feet per second in a micro second and survive...

I don't think they'll have much trouble putting a ceramic back on a phone. But then again....

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You are right about that, but it is sharp as a razor:D, I own a ceramic knife, it guts out my deer in no time:icon_ devil:.

I just got a ceramic kitchen knife and it is suuuper sharp. It makes me feel like a surgeon when I use it!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I just got a ceramic kitchen knife and it is suuuper sharp. It makes me feel like a surgeon when I use it!

This made me lol. This could be a phone I look into after my contract with my D3 ends. If the SGIII comes to Verizon, that is. Hopefully it does.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

smokiedabong

Reaction score
There are some really high performance ceramics that are lighter than metal with same or better toughness. Think about ceramic armor and bullet proof vests, those are tougher than metal traveling at high speeds. Performance ceramic bearings used in racing cars like Nascar because they are lighter and provide less friction, imagine the forces those have to withstand. Think about ceramic mixed with carbon fiber used to create disk brakes or industrial applications. Hell, I even had a ceramic shatter resistant plate that I tried to break by trowing it up as far as I could and letting it fall on concrete, finally I had to resort at smashing it against a wall as hard as I could and took like 5 tries to finally shatter it .

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am an HTC guy, but after todays HTC disaster, looks like I will be going S3 or the new Huawei Ascend Quad Core with the 2500mha battery.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
That S3 sounds really impressive...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet! I just hope they keep the same name across the board this time, no need for Samsung Galaxy S3 Super Mighty Ultra 4G Touch on one carrier and Samsung Galaxy S3 Super Sonic LTE Mega Touch on another :)

However, it would be cool to see a Droid S3!