Galaxy Note 8 Beats iPhone 8 In Speed Test!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Last week popular publication "Tom's Guide" released an article stating that they had tested the iPhone 8 against just about every major Android phone under the sun. They came to the conclusion that the iPhone 8 was the fastest device in existence, and they even said there is no phone in the iPhone 8's league.This was all based on benchmarks. Earlier today I did a speed test of my own pitting the Note 8 against the iPhone 8.

The Note 8 features the Snapdragon 835 cpu with 6GB of RAM while the iPhone 8 features an A11 chip with 2GB of RAM. During the speed test I test the phone's performance when opening 15 apps. The second round tests the phone's performance when multitasking, and compares how well the phone manages memory.

In this test the iPhone 8 wins the initial speed open test by 6 seconds. The Note 8 does a better job with the 6GB of RAM and is able to store all open apps in the background. The iPhone 8 has to close apps to make room for more apps to open, and fails the multitasking test miserably. In the end it looks like the Note 8 is the overall better performing phone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Lol... Oh these darn stupid test... When will they learn...

Sent using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Honestly it does come Down to usability and what each device brings to the User. Personally I find that the Note 8 just has More to Offer in terms of Features. More Features = More Options. IMHO. Apple lately hs been Adding New Features but Sacrificing others. Not here on the Note 8. Even brought back the Headphone Jack.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My Pixel isn't the fastest phone on the market but its snappy fast and is more usable than my wife's S7 Edge was before she dropped it and broke it. Efficiency > specs.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
the only problem i see with this test is the Margin of Error Between the time tapping each app which can vary. Im referring to reaction time. So this isnt an Exact science to how long when you look at time. Granted you can see the iPhone needs to relaunch the games so you can see that does add time. no Doubt the Note8 MultiTasks better. This was always a strong point for the Note Line since inception

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
My z play outpowers iPhone 8 and note 8 because they run out of juice and shut down but my play keeps on working!

vinrox10

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My z play outpowers iPhone 8 and note 8 because they run out of juice and shut down but my play keeps on working!
Lol,I feel you dude.Being the nerd that I am I'm trying to figure out iPhone X vs iPhone 8 Plus which one is better because I'm trying to buy it.Tell me if you know,because my friends are clearly only into the one which is more expensive.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Lol,I feel you dude.Being the nerd that I am I'm trying to figure out iPhone X vs iPhone 8 Plus which one is better because I'm trying to buy it.Tell me if you know,because my friends are clearly only into the one which is more expensive.

the better one is the one that works the best for your usage. every one uses their phone differently with different apps, different settings, different apps running in the background and more. it all affects the battery usage and phones resouces. both phones are good phones. so it is your choice and your choice only ;-)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum.

@me just sayin said it best.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk