Galaxy Note 7 Will Feature Gorilla Glass 5!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

According to sources confirmed to have actually handled the Note 7 by 9to5google the new Nexus 7 will come with Gorilla Glass 5. The latest iteration of cell phone glass has already been announced by corning, but no one really thought it would be featured on the Note 7 since it's release was so soon. Gorilla Glass 5 has been strengthened to survive 4 out of 5 drops onto rough surfaces from 5 feet. We still aren't sure how well it will survive scratches. Hopefully it fairs better than the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge which are highly prone to scratching.

Other confirmed specs include a 5.7" QHD AMOLED display, IP68 waterproofing, 3,500mah battery, Iris scanner, USB Type C, and 12mp rear camera. The phone is said to ship with 5GB of Samsung Cloud storage, and a USB Type-C to microUSB adapter. According to the source T-mobile will sell the phone starting on August 19th followed by AT&T and Verizon near the same date.

via 9to5Google

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

According to sources confirmed to have actually handled the Note 7 by 9to5google the new Nexus 7 will come with Gorilla Glass 5. The latest iteration of cell phone glass has already been announced by corning, but no one really thought it would be featured on the Note 7 since it's release was so soon. Gorilla Glass 5 has been strengthened to survive 4 out of 5 drops onto rough surfaces from 5 feet. We still aren't sure how well it will survive scratches. Hopefully it fairs better than the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge which are highly prone to scratching.

Other confirmed specs include a 5.7" QHD AMOLED display, IP68 waterproofing, 3,500mah battery, Iris scanner, USB Type C, and 12mp rear camera. The phone is said to ship with 5GB of Samsung Cloud storage, and a USB Type-C to microUSB adapter. According to the source T-mobile will sell the phone starting on August 19th followed by AT&T and Verizon near the same date.

via 9to5Google
If this is true it would be great. But didn't they start making the Note 7 before the Announcement of Gorilla Glass 5?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
In addition, looks like there will be no flat screen variant of the Note 7 launching Stateside.

Here are the full specs that 9to5Google has independently confirmed:

5.7-inch QHD AMOLED
Gorilla Glass 5
12MP rear camera
5MP front-facing camera
IP68 water and dust resistance
3,500 mAh battery
Iris scanner, fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity
USB Type-C
Android 6.0.1
Bluetooth/WiFi B/G/N/AC
NFC
Onyx, silver titanium, blue coral

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If this is true it would be great. But didn't they start making the Note 7 before the Announcement of Gorilla Glass 5?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
They started to make GG5 before as well.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
According to sources confirmed to have actually handled the Note 7 by 9to5google the new Nexus 7 will come with Gorilla Glass 5.
I'm confused...how did we go from Note 7 to Nexus 7? I'm guessing a typo? Although I'd much rather own a Nexus 7 than a Note 7. LOL

Caesars

Reaction score
Was hoping for a slightly larger battery, i loved the battery on my 7edge, bigger =better in my book.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk