Galaxy Note 3 (VZN 64GB version)

Batman8

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but as a true gamer, I am still upset about my Note 2 only having 16GB of memory/storage space (which really turned out to be more like only 10GB after the OS took 5+ gigs). I find myself having to delete things almost daily just to make room for some of my updates from the Playstore. So therefore I will only consider buying the 64GB version of the Note 3 in order to have as much space as possible since the data folders for many games are reaching the 2gig mark and are getting bigger and bigger (especially Gameloft games)! Look at Gangstar Vegas with it's wopping 2.63GB data folder for example.

So I tried to pre-order the 64GB Note 3 last week from Verizon only to find out that they (Verizon) had absolutely no idea of what I was talking about. They said that they only have the 32GB version for sale and have no info nor any idea IF or when there would be a 64gb version! I then asked the rep if she would call Samsung to confirm that there will be 2 versions as I have been reading about on the net, and Samsung told her that they see no signs of any other version either...just the 32gig Note 3.

Therefore I suggest that any of you that might be interested in a 64gb Note 3, that you at least call Verizon (and maybe even Samsung) to express your interest in it. Otherwise, my concern is that it might just get scrapped like the 32gb Note 2 that was talked about, but never made it to Verizon.

P.S.- I know for some of you this won't really matter, but if you're a mobile gamer this is actually critical. If it weren't for apps like "Directory Bind" (one of the best Android utilities ever created), we would not be able to play but a small handful of the major mobile games at all.

Please pass this info on to anyone that you know of who is interested in a true 64gb Note 3 so that the carriers and OEMs know that there is a demand for it. Thanks.

ablank

Reaction score
I do apologize for this, but if my memory serves correct I belive I read that 64gb version will not be venturing to U.S. shores anytime soon. Link to follow

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks Ablank for the info, although I haven't heard nor read that so I hope it's wrong and that we still see it here in the states.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I thought the Note 3 was going to have the ability to move apps to the SD card. If that's true does this still matter?

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
I thought the Note 3 was going to have the ability to move apps to the SD card. If that's true does this still matter?

No. If we would have the ability to move BOTH the app and it's data folders then it wouldn't matter anymore at all. The only limitation then would be the size of your SD card which is fine. That would be a perfect solution if that's the case, but I need that spec confirmed before I drop close to $700 for it (to keep unlimited data of course).

Let me know if you find that feature confirmed within the OS that the N3 launches with.

Thanks.

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
Thank you for your inside. I am heading to VZ to see the phone and try it and maybe buy..will see.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't think you will like the look of the phone when you get to Verizon...:eek:...it's only on pre order online..stores might have it by Oct 10

N2 tap'd HD

chefb

Reaction score
I was wondering about the n3 ... and looking forward to buying... but what will the dev support be like roms/ mods?.. also how did it affectt the n2, and the spen functions / other features on the phone?

pool_shark

Reaction score
There is no way to gauge the support yet.
I didn't think there would be much support for the Note 2 based on the limited support I saw on the international version. Then it was released on the U. S. carriers and the support has been very good in my opinion.

The touch wiz ROMs have full s pen functions, but the AOSP ROMs have limited s pen functions.

Waldmann

Reaction score
[/QUOTE] So I tried to pre-order the 64GB Note 3 last week from Verizon only to find out that they (Verizon) had absolutely no idea of what I was talking about. They said that they only have the 32GB version for sale and have no info nor any idea IF or when there would be a 64gb version! I then asked the rep if she would call Samsung to confirm that there will be 2 versions as I have been reading about on the net, and Samsung told her that they see no signs of any other version either...just the 32gig Note 3.

Therefore I suggest that any of you that might be interested in a 64gb Note 3, that you at least call Verizon (and maybe even Samsung) to express your interest in it. Otherwise, my concern is that it might just get scrapped like the 32gb Note 2 that was talked about, but never made it to Verizon.

P.S.- I know for some of you this won't really matter, but if you're a mobile gamer this is actually critical. If it weren't for apps like "Directory Bind" (one of the best Android utilities ever created), we would not be able to play but a small handful of the major mobile games at all.

Please pass this info on to anyone that you know of who is interested in a true 64gb Note 3 so that the carriers and OEMs know that there is a demand for it. Thanks
.[/QUOTE]

I am not a gamer - but I encounter the same problem: there ist not enouth internal storage space on my Note 2 for all those many helpful applications I would like to download!

The memory-management problem of Android is well-known (you just can't store applications on external memory-cards, how big the may be) - the consequence for any manufacturer should be to provide us with devices containing 32, 64 and 128 internal memory.
But what do we get? Even some high-end smartphones like Sony's Xperia Z only have 8GB, many have 16GB, and only a few 32GB.

From Samsung's press-release we learn that there will be two memory-variants of the Note 3: 32GB and 64GB.

After my painful experiences with 16GB (what means only 12GB for free disposal) this time I am only interested in the 64GB-version - any information concerning it's availableness is welcomed! (But I am quite pessimistic at the moment: here in Switzerland the 64GB-version does not appear in the pre-order announcements...)

Many thanks