Galaxy Note 3 Rooted Prior To Release Via CF-Auto-Root!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

Developer "Chainfire" has released his root method for the Galaxy Note 3 prior to release! This will work on international versions and the T-mobile variant, and may work on other variants but has not been tested. CF-Auto-Root is already supported on over 80+ devices. The program roots your phone while keeping it as close to stock as possible. It is also a super easy root method and is considered to be "root for rooting beginners". All you have to do is download the appropriate package, put your phone in download mode, and flash the file in Odin. The Verizon variant SM-N900V is not listed in the original thread. Hopefully support for the Verizon version will come quickly. For a list of compatible devices and file downloads head to the link in the description!

Via XDA

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I upgraded to the TMobile Note 3 yesterday and may be doing this. I have qutie a few apps I bkaced up with Titanium Backup that I'd like to restore because of the data in them. I wonder if there is a temporary root available that is lost when you reboot so no changes are done.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I upgraded to the TMobile Note 3 yesterday and may be doing this. I have qutie a few apps I bkaced up with Titanium Backup that I'd like to restore because of the data in them. I wonder if there is a temporary root available that is lost when you reboot so no changes are done.

Its not temp. What it does it flash a custom recovery, roots and then flashes back to stock recovery.

What I did was flash this, then I flash TWRP. Then I didnt have to worry about the whole rooting process(im lazy and green from my apple experiment) that comes with just installing twrp.

Time to change your S3 sig!!! Woot!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Its not temp. What it does it flash a custom recovery, roots and then flashes back to stock recovery.

What I did was flash this, then I flash TWRP. Then I didnt have to worry about the whole rooting process(im lazy and green from my apple experiment) that comes with just installing twrp.

Time to change your S3 sig!!! Woot!

Right now, because its new and for warranty purposes, I only wnated to restore a couple of apps in Titanium Backup. But it adds to the flash counter and all that jazz. I may wait a month or so before I do that.

Oh ya, my signature =D

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Right now, because its new and for warranty purposes, I only wnated to restore a couple of apps in Titanium Backup. But it adds to the flash counter and all that jazz. I may wait a month or so before I do that.

Oh ya, my signature =D

Yeah, i kinda figure the only way im going to replace this is for something drastic. Water damage...broken screen.....So im not to worried about that. Gonna cost me 175 either way...

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded Chrome and when I go to certain sites a window(Clear defaults-Clear default app by going to Task Manager>Clear default and tapping Clear)will pop asking me do I want too use Chrome or the default browser(always or just once).Thaxz in advance

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
There are apps such a helium in the market ..you can backup data on apps and use them across multiple devices. .works with root and no root ...

N2 tap'd HD

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol!!!!,on the Well I Never!!!.I may root her later on down the line.Are you rockin CM?

Sent from my Note 3 rockin Jelly Bean 4.3

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
I downloaded Chrome and when I go to certain sites a window(Clear defaults-Clear default app by going to Task Manager>Clear default and tapping Clear)will pop asking me do I want too use Chrome or the default browser(always or just once).Thaxz in advance

Wrong Forum