Galaxy Note 3 Disappointing Specs in Benchmark; Plus GNote3 PhotoSphere Samples

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
My question - Will the Note 3 be good enough for me to consider giving up a physical keyboard (on my D3)? How is the virtual keyboard on the Note 2? Is it easy to use because of the larger size/stylus? I would appreciate some comments by current Note 2 users whose prior phone was a Droid 3 or 4 as to how they like the keyboard on the Note 2 and what specs they think the Note 3's keyboard should have.
because

I have a Note 2 and use a software keyboard called Better Keyboard (available on Amazon Apps site), which I've used on all of my phones since the OG Droid. I like it because it has many themes which can be downloaded for free from both Amazon Apps and Google Play Store. Your original question seems to be related to giving up a physical keyboard, like on the original Droid in favor of the software keyboard. I developed a dislike to the physical keyboard on my OG Droid the first week I had it, and found the Better Keyboard the next week. It was easy for me to leave the physical keyboard behind.

This keyboard, BTW, is not one of those strange keyboard where you slide your finger all over the place, instead of typing in a normal fashion. If that's what you want, you'll need to look elsewhere because this keyboard is a software version of the physical keyboards.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Well, I've been using a Droid X2 for 27 months now...my upgrade is screaming at me for the Note 3. I had been waiting for months for the Moto X to come out but Motorola dropped the ball by going non-removable/no sd. I thought the idea was to NOT be like the fruit company?

Non-Apple? Check.

Removable battery? Check.

Micro SD slot? Check.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question - Will the Note 3 be good enough for me to consider giving up a physical keyboard (on my D3)? How is the virtual keyboard on the Note 2? Is it easy to use because of the larger size/stylus? I would appreciate some comments by current Note 2 users whose prior phone was a Droid 3 or 4 as to how they like the keyboard on the Note 2 and what specs they think the Note 3's keyboard should have.

Physical keyboard?! Whats that? :)