Galaxy Note 20 Ultra | 5 Golden Battery Saving Tricks!!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 20 / Note 20 Ultra Forum' started by Preach2k, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    Galaxy Note 20 Ultra | 5 Golden Battery Saving Tricks!!
    Today, let me demonstrate some great options on your new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra that can minimize the Battery drain and you can get the best of the power management. Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra Tips & Tricks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Senior Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    Just watched but I am not clear are you say keep refresh rate at 60 or use adaptive as it will go lower when not needed and save more?

Also the fast charging super fast charging why would you leave them all on I set super fast on and fast off

Please add more clarification

Also I had to turn off device manager notification as it kept alerting on high battery usage even after adding to never go to sleep how can you set to ignore certain apps for high battery usage?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

3. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    I posted the video to give some ideas to some to help with battery life. I removed Beautiful Widgets it was killing my battery. I am in dark mode. My battery is doing better. I am up to 8 hrs now in a full charge. Once the phone learns your habits it usually gives better battery life. At least with my Note 9 I got better battery after a week.

4. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Senior Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    I am not using any beautiful widgets that I am aware of
    For a phone with twice the battery of my moto z2 force the battery length is about the same. The note seems to be a battery hog and device health constantly says background apps using too much battery and once said using too much cpu. The optimizer need to optimize better. Hopefully they can patch it as battery length I am not impressed with so far for such a huge battery.

5. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Senior Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    Everyday the phone says apps are using too much cause and gives me a pop up cancel or restart phone I click cancel and the phone keeps working. Device care needs to be fixed as its optimization detection or optimization power is a bit buggy in my opinion. Anyone know how to fix. I am unhappy with the battery being twice as big as my old phone and lasting the same as a battery half its size the note is a battery hog

6. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Senior Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    There has to. E a way to tell device manager to ignore apps using background process
    Even when I add allowed background process setting keeps alerting me apps are doing frequent wake up
    How can I tell it to ignore them

7. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Senior Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    Lining the ultra up on a wireless charger with a case on it it fails charging more often then not this is worrisome is the the qi2 fields not strong enough to make it constantly through a case

8. ggrant3876

ggrant3876 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I'm using an Otterbox case which is pretty heavy duty and have no problems with wireless charging. Using the sanitizer/ wireless combo charged I got as a gift from Samsung. Have noticd the Note 20 Ultras gets a lot warmer on a wireless charger than the included 25 watt charger.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Senior Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    How do I get the Samsung wireless charger sanitizer combo. That sounds like you put it in a box. Never liked cases much as I think the make phones hotter in general less ways for heat to escape

10. ggrant3876

ggrant3876 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +1,003
    It was one of the gifts I got from Samsung along with the Note 20 Ultra, can't find it on the Samsung site now but here's a link for the same exact item at the same price Samsung was selling for. As I said it makes the phone get a lot warmer than with the 25 watt external charger.
    Samsung UVC Sterilizer Box with Wireless Charging

• Like Like x 1
  11. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Senior Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    Interesting I ha e been seeing more and more of the uv sterilizing products wonder if it works ornifnits a gimmick.pretty neat though. If it could also clean smudges off your phone now we'd be talking lol

12. SeanD_CO

SeanD_CO Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I use the Samsung Rugged Protective Case with my Note 20 Ultra. It's a heavy duty case, but I have had no problems with wireless charging while using it. Something to be said about the Samsung branded cases is that they have likely ensured it will work properly with the phone it is designed for. That is generally, but not always the case with 3rd party cases. Some just don't work well and have to positioned just right. If not they won't charge, will partially charge or you get that "slow charge detected" error.

As for the UV Phone sanitizers. They aren't a gimmick, at least not the branded ones which have gone through some testing. But you have to read the fine print. They do kill germs and have been shown to kill some viruses. But I don't think any have been proven yet to kill Covid-19. I believe many of the claims are based on a track record of killing similar viruses, so in theory it should be effective.

Other members may have more details on that than me, I have only done some early research prior to purchasing a Phone Soap Pro. I was interested in it's ability to kill Influenza A H1N1(Flu) and Rhinovirus (Cold) as anything else.

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

galaxy note 20 ultra battery