GALAXY NOTE 20: First 10 Things to Do!

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Was searching for brightness i noticed if you search in settings it shows you brightness scheduler app I couldn't find it in installed apps and when open said 401 not found with what looked like another language I also found some called brightness brightness I am not sure what that is either. Considering Uninstaller are these hidden system apps? Does removing brightness scheduler break adaptive brightness of system?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I wouldn't uninstall any system apps if I were you, could bork something up. Most system apps can be uninstalled but by using adb, there shouldn't be an uninstall button for system apps. There are also apps in the Play Store that allow you to disable system apps, if you use adf to uninstall and it makes something else not work you're out of luck. If you disable with an app, you can always reenable it.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I wouldn't uninstall any system apps if I were you, could bork something up. Most system apps can be uninstalled but by using adb, there shouldn't be an uninstall button for system apps. There are also apps in the Play Store that allow you to disable system apps, if you use adf to uninstall and it makes something else not work you're out of luck. If you disable with an app, you can always reenable it.
I don't know what the apps are and why they show in system search but not a system setting per say and not show in google play and it said for an old is so I think maybe it carried over from syncing old phone curious if anyone else sees it and knows what it does

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I don't know what the apps are and why they show in system search but not a system setting per say and not show in google play and it said for an old is so I think maybe it carried over from syncing old phone curious if anyone else sees it and knows what it does

Did you copy your data from your Moto to your Samsung? If so you will have a lot of issues.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I don't know if adaptive display is working know without brightness scheduler
How do I confirm ?

Is there a way to schedule brightness to not be so bright at night? Is that what adaptive brightness does as phone very bright at night?

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I don't know if adaptive display is working know without brightness scheduler
How do I confirm ?

Is there a way to schedule brightness to not be so bright at night? Is that what adaptive brightness does as phone very bright at night?

Don't think you can schedule it but if you use adaptive brightens it will adjust itself to the situation. You also have blue light filter too.
Galaxy Smartphones: About the Blue Light Filter | Samsung Support India

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Don't think you can schedule it but if you use adaptive brightens it will adjust itself to the situation. You also have blue light filter too.
Galaxy Smartphones: About the Blue Light Filter | Samsung Support India
I just did my own accidental drop test 3 feet from pocket to kitchen floor camera face down no scratches pretty impressed with phone

I think I may use Bixby or tasker or google routines to schedule brightness on my phone as adaptive does seem to do anything and I wonder if u installing brightness scheduler broke it. Any way to re-download that or find out what it was. I thought it was an old app from an old phone but may have been a system function oops

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I finally have my phone set up the way I like it more or less

Now I'm looking for a gel case that will protect the note 20 ultra without being bulky

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Has anyone seen if they've improved the fingerprint reader? In my opinion the one on the note 10+ is horrid. The note 9 was flawless. My biggest complaint about the Note 10. Hope it's improved in the 20.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The fingerprint reader works pretty good for me only if I hold my finger at a weird angle or miss the spot does it say try again a few times it said press down harder

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
The fingerprint reader works pretty good for me only if I hold my finger at a weird angle or miss the spot does it say try again a few times it said press down harder

Have you tried the Face unlock .. I use them it along with my fingerprints when convenient..

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have used face unlock on older phones it usually works haven't tried it on this phone im fine with fingerprint

I have noticed its unreliable on wake up screen when lifted which would be nice to see the finger location. So.eyimes have to do tap tap to turn on screen

Other ti.es I hit the fingerprint button and it unlocks while taking out of pocket because I can't tell which way it physically in the pocket

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Have you tried the Face unlock .. I use them it along with my fingerprints when convenient..
The device care keeps popping up with apps that it days use too much background battery
I added the ones I wanted to never sleep but t
It still warns me over and over
How can you tell device manager to ignore them?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I got find my phone to work with the suggest to add as device administrator. Wish it would prompt you during setup

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Got a case for ultra
Works ok not much bulk
Only thing I noticed is when doing notification drop down I feel the case while skipping down and sometimes it misses the notification shared because of this
Have to retrain how I go to edge and pull down notifications

Anyone else notice thsi