Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

zerodip

Reaction score
Wow. I waited a whole month (with most of the rest of you) only to find out that in the meantime Verizon apparently filled the phone up with a ton of bloatware, added their crap logo to the home button, added an annoying persistent wifi notification, but worst of all, REMOVED the following features:

- Certain apps that are compatible with other carriers but NOT Verizon in multi window as mentioned by other users above (Chrome, Youtube, etc.)
- The S-Planner (Calender) Widget (4x4) - the only widget in the menu is a 2x2 calender widget that you CAN'T use S-Pen features with and looks nothing like the calendar app
- Blocking Mode - it's gone! Not in the menu or anywhere else for that matter as far as I can tell

And I wouldn't be surprised if I was missing more. Last time I purchase from Verizon EVER. Sorry to rant here. I've been lurking here for about 2 months, waiting for this phone along with the rest of you. To find these advertized features missing really ticks me the hell off and wanted to give the rest of you a heads up (or MAYBE I somehow missed these features, but talking to Verizon AND Samsung AND viewing these and Verizon's forums, I don't think it's just me...)

Otherwise, it is an incredible phone... which really just makes it that much more upsetting that these companies (especially Verizon) **** with them so much.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that is bad that vzw removed that feature. I personally like it because I can turn it on when in church, taking a nap, or doing something where I do not want to be disturbed. And what is awesome about this feature is you can set which number can get through, or set which contacts to block, or block everything. It is a useful feature that adds to the device and its sucks that big brother red would interfere with another awesome device. Just release the phone the way it is, it works for At&t, T-mobile, Sprint, and other customers around the world cant figure out for the life of me why would vzw mess with the phone.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
pc747 said:
that is bad that vzw removed that feature. I personally like it because I can turn it on when in church, taking a nap, or doing something where I do not want to be disturbed. And what is awesome about this feature is you can set which number can get through, or set which contacts to block, or block everything. It is a useful feature that adds to the device and its sucks that big brother red would interfere with another awesome device. Just release the phone the way it is, it works for At&t, T-mobile, Sprint, and other customers around the world cant figure out for the life of me why would vzw mess with the phone.

Just to be dicks lol

jgmecarter

Reaction score
zerodip said:
Wow. I waited a whole month (with most of the rest of you) only to find out that in the meantime Verizon apparently filled the phone up with a ton of bloatware, added their crap logo to the home button, added an annoying persistent wifi notification, but worst of all, REMOVED the following features:

- Certain apps that are compatible with other carriers but NOT Verizon in multi window as mentioned by other users above (Chrome, Youtube, etc.)
- The S-Planner (Calender) Widget (4x4) - the only widget in the menu is a 2x2 calender widget that you CAN'T use S-Pen features with and looks nothing like the calendar app
- Blocking Mode - it's gone! Not in the menu or anywhere else for that matter as far as I can tell

And I wouldn't be surprised if I was missing more. Last time I purchase from Verizon EVER. Sorry to rant here. I've been lurking here for about 2 months, waiting for this phone along with the rest of you. To find these advertized features missing really ticks me the hell off and wanted to give the rest of you a heads up (or MAYBE I somehow missed these features, but talking to Verizon AND Samsung AND viewing these and Verizon's forums, I don't think it's just me...)

Otherwise, it is an incredible phone... which really just makes it that much more upsetting that these companies (especially Verizon) **** with them so much.

Verizon always puts there crap bloatware on phones. Why would the note 2 be any different? The calendar widget that comes on the phone is the same you just have to tap on the top of the widget and it will bring up what you are looking for and yes the s pen works with it.

zerodip

Reaction score
Just to be dicks lol
May as well be their official reason.

When I mentioned that the other carriers had these features and questioned why their version didn't, the tech support woman I spoke to at Verizon said that these features may be put in an update in the future and that they may have removed them because they could have conflicts with something in their version. Sure... what would it conflict with? Maybe all the bloatware they put on the phone?

Like PC, I thought blocking mode was an awesome feature and do not see at all why they would have removed it. Makes zero sense. Hell, if they just told me that they removed the features because "**** you, we already have your money," I'd prefer that to no real answer and just utter confusion.

zerodip

Reaction score
Verizon always puts there crap bloatware on phones. Why would the note 2 be any different? The calendar widget that comes on the phone is the same you just have to tap on the top of the widget and it will bring up what you are looking for and yes the s pen works with it.
It's not so much that the bloatware was unexpected (at all.) It's just insult to injury when they delay the phone for a month later only for them to have removed key features I and others were looking forward to.

As for the widget, that's not what Samsung advertized and it's not the calendar widget on the international version and other carriers. The whole point of a widget is to let you interact with the app without having to go into an app. I don't want a glorified shortcut, I'd like the S-Planner widget that was advertized. Sigh. This or the other features that are missing may not bother others, but they were a big part of why I bought the phone. Even if they weren't, again, the principal of the thing... just don't think there is any excusing of Verizon here.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
zerodip said:
It's not so much that the bloatware was unexpected (at all.) It's just insult to injury when they delay the phone for a month later only for them to have removed key features I and others were looking forward to.

As for the widget, that's not what Samsung advertized and it's not the calendar widget on the international version and other carriers. The whole point of a widget is to let you interact with the app without having to go into an app. I don't want a glorified shortcut, I'd like the S-Planner widget that was advertized. Sigh. This or the other features that are missing may not bother others, but they were a big part of why I bought the phone. Even if they weren't, again, the principal of the thing... just don't think there is any excusing of Verizon here.

Verizon does what they want. And the bad thing is is that if you want the best network then you have to deal with it. Every time Verizon ticks me off I find someone who can not get any reception because there network sucks.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
jgmecarter said:
Verizon does what they want. And the bad thing is is that if you want the best network then you have to deal with it. Every time Verizon ticks me off I find someone who can not get any reception because there network sucks.

Lmao I know right lol they do have a good network and the biggest 4g LTE coverage

zerodip

Reaction score
It'll definitely be something I'll be researching in the future once my contract is up. My girlfriend has AT&T and the reception here is fine and we don't travel much... that said, she isn't on 4G yet so that will be something I'll look at in another 2 years I guess. In the meantime it looks like I'll just have to, perhaps foolishly, hope that Verizon adds BACK the features that were already there in a later update. Smh.

Oh well, what's done is done... going to enjoy everything else the phone has to offer. Like I said, it's an incredible phone and I am happy with it otherwise. Just a heads up to everyone starting to get theirs so they don't end up disappointed when they do.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
May as well be their official reason.

When I mentioned that the other carriers had these features and questioned why their version didn't, the tech support woman I spoke to at Verizon said that these features may be put in an update in the future and that they may have removed them because they could have conflicts with something in their version. Sure... what would it conflict with? Maybe all the bloatware they put on the phone?

Like PC, I thought blocking mode was an awesome feature and do not see at all why they would have removed it. Makes zero sense. Hell, if they just told me that they removed the features because "**** you, we already have your money," I'd prefer that to no real answer and just utter confusion.

I'm going to make a picture if this now

Verizon, why did we remove that feature and take a month longer than everyone else?

Because f*** you that's why!

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Does anybody know what that symbol is that's circled? Sorry about the pic the app I used to be able to circle it wouldn't just let me circle it had to make the pic all funky.