Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 2' started by pc747, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Drew_P

Drew_P Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I know this has been asked before, but I don't know if its been asked in this certain way........
    I have 3 lines on my account. Two unlimited and one dummy line that I used to upgrade to my tbolt. One of my unlimited lines has an upgrade that I've been holding for a while (online it still says its a new every 2 upgrade lol)
    My question is, can I transfer my upgrade to my dummy line to get the Note 2 and then transfer the phone to my unlimited line without losing my unlimited.
    Like I said, I know its been asked several ways, but I'm not sure if like this. Any step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

2. craig8868

craig8868 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was going to do this same thing but was getting conflicting reports from Verizon reps so I opted to pay full price. I wasn't so worried about the shared data but the data discounts I have on each line. I get $20 off each line for data so switching to the shared plans wouldn't save me money. Even though, between all 5 of my lines, we don't even hit 2gb of data total per month. Talk to a rep first to see if you get a straight answer and have them document your account if they say you can do it and not lose your unlimited if you switch lines after upgrading. Good Luck!!

3. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I tried something similar with my wife's line. Verizon wouldn't go for it without a data plan.

4. liftedplane

liftedplane Silver Member

Ratings:
    +651
    I have two unlimited that are ready for upgrade and I've tried everything to transfer those upgrades and keep my unlimited. It looks as if it cannot be done.

Stupid Verizon forcing us off of unlimited. What a bunch of jerks, maybe we need to egg the CEO 's house.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

5. liftedplane

liftedplane Silver Member

Ratings:
    +651
    I used to love screen protectors, when I got my RAZR maxx I decided to try without since it had gorilla glass and all. Not a single scratch and its regularly sitting in my pocket with my keys.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

6. SCUBA-GUY

SCUBA-GUY Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gonna finally chime into the discussion. Also waiting for the Note 2 to finally get released on Verizon. Thought about switching to T-Mobile but decided to wait it out and stick with Verizon.

Saw somebody post in this thread about the Trident Kraken case so I picked one up from Amazon.

Very nice case. I took it to work with me today and went through the motions of holding the case as if I were using the phone. I was glad to discover that it fits very nicely in my hand. If it were just a little bit bigger it would have been too big, it totally maxes out my hand but I feel very confident that I will have no trouble using the phone one handed. Also the case comes with a kickstand and I discovered that if I pop it out I can grip it between my fingers and am allowed very positive control. Not the most comfortable way to grip the case but it works well.

Gonna be nice when I can finally get the phone to go with the case. Will be getting the wife an SIII at the same time so it will be kinda like his and her phones. It will probably take a couple months to get her up to speed on how to use it but it will be fun showing her everything the phones can do.

Sent from my DROIDX (for now) using Tapatalk 2

7. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you have the cash right now, it's as cheap or cheaper to pay full price in the long run. Of course who has that kind of cash lying around.

8. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +4,919
    Only if you use a lot of data and do not have home Internet. I gave up myy unlimited data and doing fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

9. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +728
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    Very true. Most people like to cling to the idea of keeping unlimited data, but in reality, they don't even use 2GB a month. So for them, paying full price for a device in order to maintain unlimited data is really just paying more for something they never use.

But for me and the 350GB+ of data I use every month, it's definitely worth clinging to. :)

10. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Very true statement. I use around 15 to 20 GB between 2 phones so the unlimited data is worth it to me also. I also like the fact that I don't have to monitor what my data usage is up to and try and spare it through the month.

Added note: The 4G at my home is faster or as fast as my home internet cable connection and is faster than 9 out of 10 home wifi's. So I stick with the 4G and very very very rarely do I use wifi. I would hate having to try to find someone else's (personal/business) wifi everywhere I go. Thats crap. Not to mention that public wifi is unsecured.

11. delcopa

delcopa Member

Ratings:
    +7
    350 gb a month? Damn so you use the phone tethering to supply internet to your whole house lol. I'm surprised they don't term the account with that much usage every month. I run a mail server, web server at home on actual Compaq servers and don't think I got that much hosting 5 domains lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

12. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +728
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    Yeah, I use it as my only internet connection at home for all of my devices (multiple computers, TVs, tablets, game consoles, etc). It's faster than any other service I could get at the house, and paying for the unlimited hot spot is also cheaper than any other decent service I could get. Plus I can take it anywhere I go.

I've been told that as long as I'm on LTE, I'm in no danger of my account being terminated.

#1056 bsweetness, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
Search tags for this page
galaxy note 2 email widget missing

galaxy note 2 grey

galaxy note 2 titanium grey

galaxy s3 titanium grey

note 2 grey

note 2 titanium grey

note 2 white
samsung galaxy note 2 spell check
samsung galaxy note 2 titanium grey