Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Possible since they was basically the last to get the exclusive nexus. But hey to verizon's point it was exclusive in the states as far as a cdma nexus is concerned. At&t and Sprint will have it late October while verizon holds out until early December to make sure all the root exploits are closed and more bloat ware is put on it. 32 gigs of space with 8 gigs used to sell space on a phone you paid for.

Which brings me to a point. If a person pays full retail for his device (not subsidized) he/she should have the right and ability to remove all that bloat. :angry:
Can't you just root and take it off?

I love my galaxy nexus clean UI. Hoping I can get the note II like that.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can't you just root and take it off?

I love my galaxy nexus clean UI. Hoping I can get the note II like that.

You have to wait for an exploit which takes longer (if even possible) on a locked device.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
pc747 said:
You have to wait for an exploit which takes longer (if even possible) on a locked device.

Wait for what? note 2 has already been rooted

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wait for what? note 2 has already been rooted

For at&t's version and international version which neither has a locked bootloader. Remember vzw's version has a locked bootloader. We will not know if that same method will work for the verizon's version yet.

Alvarez13

Reaction score
For at&t's version and international version which neither has a locked bootloader. Remember vzw's version has a locked bootloader. We will not know if that same method will work for the verizon's version yet.
Bastards!

joesaksx

Reaction score
The Note 2 will be my long overdue return to android. I cant believe I ever left!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The Note 2 will be my long overdue return to android. I cant believe I ever left!

We can't believe you did either :mad:

Just kidding. This should be a great device for your triumphant return!

Drew_P

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions. 1) does anyone know if the note 2 will ship in the US with the fm radio installed?? It's a nice feature on my tbolt. 2) does the note 2 have flash support? I read a post somewhere that said it doesn't, but I believe it was an international version. 3) I've seen a video showing the indicator led (blue) just curious if there will be any other colors. I assume it will still be red for charging but I'm not getting my hopes up on anything else since it seems manufacturers are going away from multi colored leds. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions. 1) does anyone know if the note 2 will ship in the US with the fm radio installed?? It's a nice feature on my tbolt. 2) does the note 2 have flash support? I read a post somewhere that said it doesn't, but I believe it was an international version. 3) I've seen a video showing the indicator led (blue) just curious if there will be any other colors. I assume it will still be red for charging but I'm not getting my hopes up on anything else since it seems manufacturers are going away from multi colored leds. Any responses are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Q1: Can't confirm or deny if it will have a radio but I doubt it. Q2: You should be able to use dolphin browser and side load flash, but basically cellular devices are moving away from flash and toward html 5 something stevie J predicted before he passed. Q3: that is another question will not know until we get it in hand but I know there are third party apps that changes the led color. But I believe touchwiz has that feature built iir.

Drew_P

Reaction score
pc747 said:
Q1: Can't confirm or deny if it will have a radio but I doubt it. Q2: You should be able to use dolphin browser and side load flash, but basically cellular devices are moving away from flash and toward html 5 something stevie J predicted before he passed. Q3: that is another question will not know until we get it in hand but I know there are third party apps that changes the led color. But I believe touchwiz has that feature built iir.

Thanks pc, your always a big help. I'll just keep my fingers crosses that when. I pick this beast up it'll be all I expect.....and probably more!! :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Do we have any idea when this thing is supposed to drop? Or is it in limbo like the HD from moto?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Do we have any idea when this thing is supposed to drop? Or is it in limbo like the HD from moto?

Samsung announced before mid-november but the press conference is set for the end of this month so we will see but should be soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
Which brings me to a point. If a person pays full retail for his device (not subsidized) he/she should have the right and ability to remove all that bloat. :angry:

:clap: Amen brother.

Hey! Looks like the multi screen software update has already been fixed. Quick!

This makes me feel better about getting a Samsung Android device. HTC seriously tainted my view of Android, but Toshiba helped restore some faith.

If the exploit leads to a root as easy as the GSM models, I'll be anticipating it. As long as getting rid of VZW's bloatware doesn't screw up the OTA updates.

I have a couple of questions. 1) does anyone know if the note 2 will ship in the US with the fm radio installed?? It's a nice feature on my tbolt.

I liked it, even though I hardly used it & hated having to use headphones to make it operate. But, according to this article, it's going to be in the N2. Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 review: Writing home - GSMArena.com

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
INCREMENTAL said:
Samsung announced before mid-november but the press conference is set for the end of this month so we will see but should be soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Yeah I am expecting a hard launch date for all carriers announced at that conference. I'm pumped, all the reviews have been great so far. And I'm confident developers will get us the multi view and any other functions we are missing.