Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

jodyberry

Reaction score
as of right now I have not even heard of a phone that is coming out next year that could make me want to give up my note 2

SO TRUE!! I love this phone - not because I came from a dog slow Droid X - but that everything just works - FAST! Yea, there's some little things that bug me, but that's maybe 1%. 99% is GREAT!

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Adam is the man, he collected enough donations is just like a few hours to get the Note 2 and start hacking away at it. I'm glad hes making so much progress so fast.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I told my wife last night that I might keep this phone for at least a year. She looked at me and laughed and said yeah right I give you two months until you order your next phone. She might be right but as of right now I have not even heard of a phone that is coming out next year that could make me want to give up my note 2

Samsung gs4 and note 3 will be out next year but that doesn't take away from the note2 being a great phone

I am truly impressed with the amount of positive feedback over this phone

the s3 as well... Samsung is truly moving in the right direction

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reeftivo

Reaction score
Absolutely love this phone!! Showed it off at work today and most wanted one. The ones that didn't want it loved the display and features but the phone was just too big for them.

Anyone know why my text messages are all talking back to me?

I dont remember setting anything different last night but as of today, when I get a text the phone gives the notification alert then starts telling me who the text is from and speaks the message back. Cool but strange.

Not sure I'd use it though except for showing off as a novelty

Tivo

Tonik

Reaction score
Absolutely love this phone!! Showed it off at work today and most wanted one. The ones that didn't want it loved the display and features but the phone was just too big for them.

Anyone know why my text messages are all talking back to me?

I dont remember setting anything different last night but as of today, when I get a text the phone gives the notification alert then starts telling me who the text is from and speaks the message back. Cool but strange.

Not sure I'd use it though except for showing off as a novelty

Tivo

Sounds like you are in car/driving mode.

huskur

Reaction score
Well.....I guess I better get in line behind Apple to sue Samsung!! I can't put this thing down its just that awesome......If I keep it up I will lose my job from not performing like I have done in the past! LOL Wait a minute...I can't lose my job...I am the BOSS!! :biggrin:

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Samsung gs4 and note 3 will be out next year but that doesn't take away from the note2 being a great phone

I am truly impressed with the amount of positive feedback over this phone

the s3 as well... Samsung is truly moving in the right direction

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I guess I would give up my note 2 for the note 3. I have a S3 as my second phone and the screen is now to little. I am going to have to stay with the larger screens. But who knows I could get the S4 as my second phone

goosedeath

Reaction score
Just found something that might be promising.....It was posted somewhere else so I can't take credit for it. I haven't even tried it yet but here it is.....

Workaround

Found a quick fix to this that is way better than defaulting to another SMS app. Simply download "SMS pop up" from the play store, make sure its enabled, and under additional preferences untick "screen on pop up" and then under notification settings untick "enable pop up" (unless you want the pop up of course). You will have to untick the regular SMS app notifications under settings but its a fix that's working for me that still keeps the stock messaging app intact.

Didn't seem to work for me... Maybe I need to change a setting in light flow to let this method work correctly?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Maybe I have missed some of the threads but I have not seen anybody complain about problems with the note 2. The S3 only had a couple of very small problems. But the note 2 seems to be running perfectly for everyone

Tonik

Reaction score
Maybe I have missed some of the threads but I have not seen anybody complain about problems with the note 2. The S3 only had a couple of very small problems. But the note 2 seems to be running perfectly for everyone

Seems to be a few reports of light issues like the one above. Other than that nothing.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I think Samsung really hit it out of the park with the note 2. Only thing some people won't like is its size. Doesn't seem to be putting a damper on sales though. I absolutely love mine.

beefchopper

Reaction score
I think Samsung really hit it out of the park with the note 2. Only thing some people won't like is its size. Doesn't seem to be putting a damper on sales though. I absolutely love mine.

The funny thing is although I was initially turned off by it, I now absolutely LOVE the size and consider it perfect. I don't see how I could ever go back to a typical size challenged pee wee phone.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I remember thinking my Razr was large. Now it looks tiny when I get on my wife's razr. For a commuter who does work, digests media, ect this phone is perfect. It has absolved my need for a tablet. Just mad I waited 2 weeks to get it.