Galaxy note 2 gallery crashing/freezing

JessR

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this Site and I've had my note 2 for about a month. Recently had to get a new note 2 from insurance company. Up until tonight everything was fine. Now my gallery will not open and if it does it freezes then crashes. Most of the time I'm left with a black screen. I've cleared the cache on it and rebooted several times as well as ran anti virus anti malware/spyware and nothing seems to be wrong. Any suggestions on what to do? Memory on the phone is also not full. Help! ! Thank you! !

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

It could be a corrupt image or file within the gallery - you can connect your Note 2 to a PC or laptop and view the images or download another gallery app from the Play Store (QuickPic) and look for a grey'd out image (thumbnail) and that could be your culprit...

OP
J

JessR

Reaction score
Ok Thank you! Can a file be corrupteven if I took it? Is there a way to remove it? If I connect it to my pc can I remove it there

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I haven't had to remove a corrupt image but for a regular image you could just long press on it and delete. Also, I don't see why you could not remove it from the computer if you connect it and go that route.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you were able to resolve this problem. DancingNexus