Galaxy Nexus

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I got the SwiftKey app because it was highly recommended and hated it. But one day I seen a niece using it and I was WOWED. I tried it again and today am probably twice or 3 times faster and wouldn't trade that app straight up for a 4s. Just saying.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Kenny Bats

Reaction score
People don't choose an android because of the screen size they choose it because they don't want an IPhone.

I hate my wife's IPhone - so everyone has an opinion. You are generalizing way too much.

And I am one of those people who LOVE swiftkey. You have to use it for a few weeks before it will really start to shine by guessing your next word.

Same here. You need to use SwiftKey to start to like it. Go into options and let it "learn" from SMS or Facebook, etc. It will learn the way you type and which words you use. I was all Swype all the time but since Swype can't release a version to work with GNex (I have tried the hacked versions and they seem laggy to me) I started using SwiftKey and may never look back.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
iphones are nice and well built yes but that super exciting unchangeable grid of icons is just too much for me. It is so exciting to use, I thought my heart was going to explode! ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had an iPhone before switching to android and they both have their pluses and minuses. Because apple have one device and uses all its resources on that one device they are able to take longer to integrate their software to take full advantage of their hardware. One thing apple does well is take full advantage of their hardware and it shows. I love android but must admit my frustrations of OEMs pumping out android after android and not taking the time to put out a device with the fullest of its capabilities. The nexus was suppose to be our answer to the iPhone it was suppose to be the device that google took the time and got it right. Yet its another device that is "almost there". That has been my frustration with android that they throw hardware at the problem instead of actually fix it. Yeah apple is locked and boring but you can jailbreak. Android must improve their coding. High end dual core devices should not be lagging still. Now android has improved in the past 2 years and believe we will continue to see improvements, and I am interested in what quad core can do. Op I understand your concerns cuz I quietly have been thinking if apple gets LTE and a bigger screen android will see the pendlum swing back the other way. Especially with jailbreaks bringing themes and a.swype like keyboard to ios. Right now android has the momentum and you can tell by the way apple is going lawsuit crazy. Android needs to put their foot on the throat of apple and keep them down.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The iphone perfected swiping those icon screens side to side without lag. I'm not really sure how hard that was to do. If iphones did everything and android phone can do, it would probably have some lag issues as well. I guess we will see as I bet the os will get more android like goodies!

captdroid

Reaction score
The iphone perfected swiping those icon screens side to side without lag. I'm not really sure how hard that was to do. If iphones did everything and android phone can do, it would probably have some lag issues as well. I guess we will see as I bet the os will get more android like goodies!

Don't count on that! Steve Jobs Really Disliked Android and Google – Droid Life

If Steve's legacy shall live on then no Android like goodness coming to iPhone :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Exactly ios is able to swype screens side to side smoothly something so easy yet with single core, dual core we still can't quite get there. I just want android to give us a device (one complete device) that beats the crap out of the iPhone in all phases, battery life, build quality, software, basically its time for android to take their game to the next level. Either go big or go home.

prowler85

Reaction score
Negative. Android I easy to use. I like the iPhone primarily because of a quality device in total. Like I said earlier the Droid devices are a competitor to the IPhone and not the leader. I would be willing to bet that if the iPhone had a 4in screen or larger android would be a thing of the past. Will see once the IPhone 5 comes out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Wow, you must not read these forums. Sure they'd get some that have been waiting for a larger screen, but only if it has 4g. But the vast majority of android users don't love android because of their phone's screen size. The OG had about the same size screen as an iPhone and it sold millions (who could have gone iPhone).

There are just some reasons some of us prefer android, hate iPhone, and always will. WidgetLocker, SwipePad, Kernels, and massive Dev support are a couple reasons off the top of my head (things the iPhone will NEVER have). But most of all, phones are becoming small computers, and eventually we will see more and more phablets that will be phones, tablets, and pc's all rolled together. And I want to be able to do what I want to do to customize my experience, not be locked in to what the manufacturer says I can do.

The size of the screen is about the tiniest of reasons why I use an android phone instead of an iPhone.

Sorry, but that was just about the most ridiculous reason I've ever heard why people love android.

Oh, and build quality? You're kidding, right? It might be designed cosmetically to be a beautiful phone (something apple has always done extremely well). Just don't drop it.

ok, end rant.

captdroid

Reaction score
Exactly ios is able to swype screens side to side smoothly something so easy yet with single core, dual core we still can't quite get there. I just want android to give us a device (one complete device) that beats the crap out of the iPhone in all phases, battery life, build quality, software, basically its time for android to take their game to the next level. Either go big or go home.

Now that's what I'm talken about DancingNexus I think :D Oh and what do you think the price will be on that 'go big or go home' device... I may be interested but then again... lol

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I paid 799 for the nexus ill pay 100 more for a device that gives me that quality.

Syraz

Reaction score
was going to write a nice long response but will sum it up to be ironic

android = for people who want to spend time learning their phone
iphone = for lazy people

and the world is full of lazy people

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lazy people, really I didn't know android was so hard to use.

Here is truth
IPhone= smartphone by apple
Android = software by google.
Using one brand over the other don't make you any smarter or mean you working any harder.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look like it's quite unanimous, 11/09...

most of my closest friends use iPhones and they will outwork almost anyone, so your lazy theory holds no weight and is also ridiculous.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Syraz

Reaction score
Bah i should delete that post just woke up and should been more clear on what i was meaning