Galaxy Nexus

T

tonktracker

I enjoy my Nexus but after touching and seeing my wifes iPhone the quality definitely shows why the iPhone is heads above the rest. Sad to say but if the Nexus did not have a larger screen there's no way I would ever touch a Droid. I feel that's their only leg up sadly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Is this your first android device? Android has its good qualities and certainly does things the iPhone can do.

In terms of build quality and looks, I personally think the iPhone is certainly a great looking device but for me its all about software. This gigantic screen and the quality of it is certainly a welcomed bonus though :)

OP
T

tonktracker

Nope. Had the incredible. Its a nice bridge until iPhone comes out with larger screen though!

Reaction score
I enjoy my Nexus but after touching and seeing my wifes iPhone the quality definitely shows why the iPhone is heads above the rest. Sad to say but if the Nexus did not have a larger screen there's no way I would ever touch a Droid. I feel that's their only leg up sadly.

What's does the iPhone do that android can't? You probably like the iPhone better cuz its more polished and its so easy to use..

OP
T

tonktracker

Negative. Android I easy to use. I like the iPhone primarily because of a quality device in total. Like I said earlier the Droid devices are a competitor to the IPhone and not the leader. I would be willing to bet that if the iPhone had a 4in screen or larger android would be a thing of the past. Will see once the IPhone 5 comes out!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet that if the iPhone had a 4in screen or larger android would be a thing of the past. Will see once the IPhone 5 comes out!

That's a bet you would lose, my friend. I can't stand iOS. It doesn't multi task nearly as well and user customization is limited. I'm not knocking the iPhone by the way. Great device. Easy to use. It just doesn't compare to Android imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Once the iPhone has a larger screen and 4g it will take care of 2 of the 3 reasons I still have an Android device. The last, tight Google integration, will probably never happen. But, I'm okay with having multiple devices. I like keeping up with technology. Will be adding a Windows phone once Verizon gets a new one as well.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
iPhones are nice. To deny this is just silly. However, I made a choice to go the way of Android, when Verizon couldn't get the iPhone on their network, and my love for the Droid was born. Now I have a new love: Big screens with tether capability!

alboboy10

Reaction score
You're making a lot of "if" statements. We don't live in an if world. The iPhone isn't that much smoother than the nexus. It may slightly smoother because of the way that iOS is coded and the way that android is coded is different.

I personally would never jump to the iPhone. That screen is pathetic small. I played with my friends 4s and the browser is terrible on it its so crammed and small. And the keyboard, lmao what a joke. Besides the internet on the iPhone has glitches as well. Not to mention it has no 4g.

Since you like ifs so much well see what happens with the 5. Theyre not going to put 4g in it or a bigger screen cause then they're not gonna be able to give it a decent battery life. Crank the brightness up on the iPhone and use it a lot and you'll see how fast the battery moves. Imagine 4g and a bigger screen...

The iPhone is a joke of a phone to me. People who buy it either know nothing about phones (and there's nothing wrong with that) or just want an iPod they can talk on.

Apple will sell people crap and people will still buy it cause it's an apple. Android is ahead of apple when it comes to innovation.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
You're mistaken on many points, but one in particular, the keyboard. iPhone keyboard is MUCH better than any I've used on any Android phone. So smooth. Never laggy/jumpy like Android can be. It's the nature of the beast when they tightly control the hardware and the software. But to say the iPhone keyboard sucks tells me you're just an Android fanboy.

alboboy10

Reaction score
You're mistaken on many points, but one in particular, the keyboard. iPhone keyboard is MUCH better than any I've used on any Android phone. So smooth. Never laggy/jumpy like Android can be. It's the nature of the beast when they tightly control the hardware and the software. But to say the iPhone keyboard sucks tells me you're just an Android fanboy.

I have normal sized hands and I think their keyboard is a joke because its so small. Their keyboard input has gotten worse with the newer iPhones.

And I'm not an android fan boy. I'm a Google fan boy. In addition, I hate apple.

They make some great products but I wouldn't buy them. Idk why anyone does.

captdroid

Reaction score

I love the iPhone keyboard and I have never used it! :D

Seriously though I tried the iPhone keyboard once and it was very good. I was looking for the same functionality when moving to a phone without a physical slide out keyboard. I have been more then happy with my Gnex stock keyboard. And I would not want the iPhone instead at all for many reasons!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought Swiftkey a while ago when the Android Market had that fire sale for apps. Today was the first time I tried to use it. I have to say, the stock keyboard on the Nexus is very good. I'm getting pretty annoyed with Swiftkey, and people absolutely love Swiftkey.

That is all to say that people like what they like. No sense in saying what's better or not.

Kenny Bats

Reaction score

Please explain what you mean when you said "the quality definitely shows why the iPhone is heads above the rest..." You must have examples to validate that claim. Were you not able to touch or see your wife's iPhone or any iPhone for that matter before you bought your Nexus?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
People don't choose an android because of the screen size they choose it because they don't want an IPhone.

I hate my wife's IPhone - so everyone has an opinion. You are generalizing way too much.

And I am one of those people who LOVE swiftkey. You have to use it for a few weeks before it will really start to shine by guessing your next word.