Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

gnexifixit.jpg

Most of us have spent what seems like months obsessing over every little bit of Galaxy Nexus rumor/news that’s crossed the interwebz, and what better to celebrate its (hopefully) impending launch than to watch one get torn apart? That’s right folks — iFixit is at it yet again, and this time it’s the GSM Galaxy Nexus that’s going under the knife.

Like they always do, today they’ve tore it down and they give us a look at every little piece inside this new device. Plenty of pictures are available here.

Source: Galaxy Nexus Forum via iFixit

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks wicked. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Can't believe they're tearing this sucker down and I'm still waiting:frown:

kdroyd

Reaction score
Who cares how you take it apart. I just want to hold the nexus in my hand and caress its sleek design and enjoy ICS....

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Who cares how you take it apart. I just want to hold the nexus in my hand and caress its sleek design and enjoy ICS....

What a creepo. Think you need a gf buddy lol

I never really did see the point or benefit in these in-depth teardowns to the end user. Just seems like something that was started by bored geeks who were given the phones to test/review. Unless you're planning to void your warranty, you can't really make any modifications to the hardware so it seems rather pointless to know how it's put together. Maybe I'm just being naive though. ;)

ggtus

Reaction score
What a creepo. Think you need a gf buddy lol

I never really did see the point or benefit in these in-depth teardowns to the end user. Just seems like something that was started by bored geeks who were given the phones to test/review. Unless you're planning to void your warranty, you can't really make any modifications to the hardware so it seems rather pointless to know how it's put together. Maybe I'm just being naive though. ;)

An in depth breakdown of a devices hardware can help the community in a big way. I am still using the droid 1 and back when the fm radio apps were a big crave we had developers trying to port different fm radio apps to the OG droid, but thanks to a hardware breakdown we found out that there was no connection allowing this modification to be made so all attempts at the port failed.
Also the breakdown showed how the build quality caused audio headset problems because of a bad connection, or lack there of, between the audio jack and the board it rested on.

Overall it helps people who experience problems get answers if it is hardware related, and also helps developers learn what kind of software modifications they have a shot of success at.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
An in depth breakdown of a devices hardware can help the community in a big way. I am still using the droid 1 and back when the fm radio apps were a big crave we had developers trying to port different fm radio apps to the OG droid, but thanks to a hardware breakdown we found out that there was no connection allowing this modification to be made so all attempts at the port failed.
Also the breakdown showed how the build quality caused audio headset problems because of a bad connection, or lack there of, between the audio jack and the board it rested on.

Overall it helps people who experience problems get answers if it is hardware related, and also helps developers learn what kind of software modifications they have a shot of success at.

So it sounds more like a tool for diagnosing problems. But again, what does that really do for the end user? So I find out a piece of hardware is incapable of doing something - the only difference between now and prior to the teardown is what? The closure? Maybe I should have been more specific or used different wording. When I say end user, I'm referring to the people who just use the phone, which is probably 90% or more of the market. I'm not talking about the handful of garage/basement hackers who are willing to special order parts, crack the phone open and solder in new chips, make heavy software modifications, etc...

mcjonesy

Reaction score
When I say end user, I'm referring to the people who just use the phone, which is probably 90% or more of the market. I'm not talking about the handful of garage/basement hackers who are willing to special order parts, crack the phone open and solder in new chips, make heavy software modifications, etc...

The target audience of these tear-downs is your other 10%. Some of us just like seeing what makes our toys tick.