Galaxy Nexus Sucks - Here's why

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks!

PS
Me: about 20 different avatars since 2009.
You: 1 :icon_ devil:

Isnt variety the spice of life?!

RS contract states it is a breach of contract to change one's avatar more than once every 5 years.

and to add to the OP, the radios are not as good as motos, and the only real problem ive had with this phone is switching data connections takes longer than it should.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks!

PS
Me: about 20 different avatars since 2009.
You: 1 :icon_ devil:

Isnt variety the spice of life?!
Haha yeah I noticed you been through a few. Guess I'm lazy when it comes to forums, keep it the same to get name affiliated with av. You've switched so many times I always had to look at your username :D

Variety is the spice of life, for my phone. I'll take vanilla for my AVs:p

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I notice my signal on my nexus stinks as well. Even my fiance's pantech breakout has better signal. They are sending me a new battery monday. If the new battery doesn't help battery life I am exchanging it for either the razr or razr maxx.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Woah what a thread bump.

The radios Samsung chose to use in the Nexus are quite pathetic, I base that off on what others are saying I personally don't have issues with it. Battery life on stock ROM and kernel are pretty poor as well.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First off, I'm sorry for the uber negative title, but I wanted to grab some attention. Been a member of the forums for almost three years now... had an OG droid and have been a contributer on the forums, posted movies on how to use all the phones I've owned and really enjoyed everything droid until this one.

Let me also say that I have a Razr for work and have noticed some major differences in comparison. I know I'll get flames and I don't care that much, I just wanted to get my opinion out there and possibly get some "STFU, here's how to get around this" responses. Here are the major downsides I've seen:

1. The screen on my phone has cracked, my two brothers also have a nexus and they've cracked. How did mine crack? With being in my phone and keys in the pocket. My OG Droid that I STILL have doesn't have a scratch on it and I've had it since November 2009.

2. 4G reception sucks. The Razr and Nexus are sitting on my desk right now... I see 3 bars of 4g on the Razr and 1 bar of 4g on the nexus.

3. Dropped Calls!! I get at least 5 dropped calls a week. I'm constantly on my phone for various reasons and it constantly lets me down.

4. This is a silly one (and maybe someone knows a work around for this)... but I use this phone for conference calls A LOT... I'll be on a call on speaker phone and the screen will go black. I can't toggle the screen to come back on after it's gone black unless I plug in the charger. If I hit the button on the top right, it kills the call, if I hit the volume rocker, nothing happens... MAJOR pain in the behind for those of us who use them frequently for work.......

Notice I'm not mentioning classic problems like volume, heat, etc.

Let me know if I'm way out of line with my assertations or not... I was just very disappointed with this phone overall... oh well, here's to 2014!!!!!!!!

i have no probs with my nexus radio. hate to be the one to break it to ya, but the razr blows. the screen, hardware, skin, the cheep marketing gimic kevlar back that tears, and android version it came with. you got your rant, so i get mine. :icon_ devil:

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
I have no reasonable explanation for the apparent fact that my VZW Gnex (obtained June '12)

Has never had a signal issue

Has never dropped a call

Has a battery life of at least 12-15 hours under moderate use ( yeah I know... define moderate)

My son's GNEX has been just as good although it IS a replacement... but both were new out of the box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

nubby

Reaction score
2. Samsung's radios aren't the best, especially compared to Moto which arguably uses the best radios. Do you have the 4.0.4 radios? Check "About phone" and see if you have FC04 and FC05, those are the 4.0.4 radios iirc and they provided a significant improvement for reception for me, even in a strong 4g area where I live.
Where in about phone can you check the radios?