Galaxy Nexus Release Date of December 9 is Official!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayr0d

Reaction score
I never said I thought these release date rumors were false. Just that I think it's irresponsible to post a topic title like this without mentioning that this story actually isn't officially confirmed by Verizon. It makes it LOOK like it was done for hits. There's nothing wrong with the post itself, however, the topic title is definitely "jumping the gun" and should be changed.

Sent using common sense.

I feel you - release dates seem to be speculative most of the time especially if its one of those 'highly anticipated' handsets and will frustrate those wanting to have it and riding on the many dates posted in the forums. Personally, I like all of that stir and commotion on release dates..mostly on where is the intel coming from??

Heck I first came across Samsung Nexus on a price protection list preventing anyone from advertising no less than Big Reds sticker price, that date 11/10/11. It hinted that there is a great chance it will be out to join the holiday line up already loaded with hot 4G LTE devices.

In this case the release date is firm and stamped. December 9th is the date - It may not be officially said by Verizon or posted on their site but the preparation I've been observing at the front end and conversations regarding the Nexus since early am, are indicators that it will be.

Also for certain it won't be the last as the latest 'rumor' date for the Motorola Droid4 are 12/8 and 12/22.

At the end, this years line up of 4G LTE Smartphone has a lot of choices - real good one's.

zevoman

Reaction score
Did you purchase your Razr from Verizon Corporate Location or a Retailer? I've been seeing a lot of people mentioning a 30 day timeline. Verizon Wireless changed its return policy Jan 2011 that reduced the period from 30 days to 14 days. A restocking fee of $35 is assessed even if you walkout the door and have buyers remorse and decide to return it within the same hour. If the location you purchased the device grants a 30 day exchange period, good for you. Most if not all retailers followed suit and changed their return policy to mirror Verizon. If not and your past the 14 day period, it's going to be tough. Best Buy has their own policy but they could reject your exchange based on their discretion.

Welcome to the next generation of smartphones - I would not be surprised to see more phones follow suit .. one of the highest sold smartphone to date, the Iphone does not have a removable battery and 5+ generation later, it seems to be irrelevant even to those that feel insecure about not being able to remove the battery.

razr or nexus - you could never go wrong, purely a win / win situation what ever you decide to do!
I purchased the RAZR from Costco and tried it out for about 11 days before I returned it. Coming from the OG Droid, it was an amazing upgrade for sure! The AMOLED screen (from Samsung) was gorgeous and having the speed of a dual core was awesome, but then I started taking photos and videos and was severely dissappointed. Given two years, I was hoping Motorola would have made larger improvements on their camera sensor rather than just throwing more megapixels at it. Also, I don't have the longest fingers and the phone felt awkward in my hand. The thickness (or should I say thinness?) to width ratio was just not right for me and I was always accidentally pushing the volume controls on the side and could never reach the power button (I missed having it on top like the OG). When I bought the OG Droid on release date, I was so happy with the phone I never looked back. I was expecting the same experience with the RAZR but found myself checking the forums and internet every night for more info on the NEXUS. I'll buy it whenever it comes out (Friday!?!?) and see how it compares to the RAZR. I'm hoping I'll be happy again for 2 more years!

grundyman

Reaction score
What I don't get is how none of these so called spec sheets list the storage capacity

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Guess I will call my verizon today too, just cause :)

baldybill

Reaction score
Ok, this recent spec sheet shows the 32 gb model. Will both be available? Do we know a price yet?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus... Oops, I mean OG Droid

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I don't think the 16GB model will be available on Verizon. I'm not even sure if it will come to the US. I'm assuming it's going to be 299 like all the other 4g phones that have recently launched but you never know, they may surprise us with 199 but highly unlikely!

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

tclarktc

Reaction score
Not sure I understand the draw of the GE. I read a couple reviews it got slammed pretty hard both times and compared to a Nokia without ICS.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
lol not trying to be. I just remember how "official" the Nov. 21st preorder date was, and look how that turned out. Just tired of all the "official" news not panning out. I believe it will launch Friday. Shadez, you said that you believe this will turn out to be true, but there-in lies the problem...you believe, but you don't know. So saying this is official would be incorrect. I guess we will agree to disagree, I just think it's in bad taste to post a confirmation like this when it hasn't been confirmed by Verizon - especially in regards to the GN, seeing as it that we've been burned more times by articles exactly like this than I'd like to count.
Sent using common sense.

Yes, I believe. I do *know* that that is the official release date. Of course Armageddon could happen first which would prevent it from being released.

And yes peoples hopes have been dashed before, at the time of that posting, that date was/is official.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
It would be nice if it was Friday. It will be a nice early bday present for myself. My plan is to be the first one at the store, set up some basic stuff and then be at work by 12 PM so I can show my phone off to everyone!

Happy Early Bday!

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Friday first thing in the morning. Show up to Verizon in my PJs, my hair all over the place, and with a toothbrush in hand:D

Dezy getting ready to get in line..

[video=youtube;4VbI5zcB8Ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VbI5zcB8Ac&list=FLAzOK6K6KNdQD2ZSbywdI8A&index=71&feature=plpp_video[/video]

Briankbl

Reaction score
Yes, I believe. I do *know* that that is the official release date. Of course Armageddon could happen first which would prevent it from being released.

And yes peoples hopes have been dashed before, at the time of that posting, that date was/is official.

Has Verizon actually told you first-hand and no one else? Because in order for this date to be OFFICIAL or CONFIRMED, Verizon would have to announce it. And last time I checked, Verizon hasn't done so. Again, I believe this date of the 9th is solid, too. But it is not, I repeat, NOT CONFIRMED by Verizon. To say otherwise is wrong.

Sent using common sense.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Has Verizon actually told you first-hand and no one else? Because in order for this date to be OFFICIAL or CONFIRMED, Verizon would have to announce it. And last time I checked, Verizon hasn't done so. Again, I believe this date of the 9th is solid, too. But it is not, I repeat, NOT CONFIRMED by Verizon. To say otherwise is wrong.

Sent using common sense.

Fine, we'll just take your advice and agree to disagree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.