Galaxy Nexus Release Date of December 9 is Official!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would it be on Verizon just to look at "already" if there's no pre-order? The only pre order I ever payed attention to was the Droid 3, but with that it was up prior to that or anything.

I just wish it was at least on Samsungs site. But, oh well. We shall see! Excited anyway!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Finally, now we just need to run up the post count on the pre-release thread over at the Nexus forum to 3x and all goals are achieved.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I've seen people who've called VZW say that they were told that there's no pre-orders? What do you guys think?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
At this point its not necessary... the release is close enough.. now if Costco will get it as well i'll really relaxed..

Yeah, you're right. Personally, I've never pre-ordered a phone before. I've always bought from store.

Briankbl

Reaction score
This is not official or confirmed by Verizon, internal document or not! No offense, but I am sick of all these topics just trying to get hits for the site. This should be tagged as a "rumor" for obvious reasons.

Sent using common sense.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is not official or confirmed by Verizon, internal document or not! No offense, but I am sick of all these topics just trying to get hits for the site. This should be tagged as a "rumor" for obvious reasons.

Sent using common sense.

I think you're jumping the gun. We don't post false news just for hits. We don't need to. All of our sources are telling us this is official. Of course there have been mistaken reports made before, but after you have been doing this for a while, you get a sense of what is legit and not. Twitter is absolutely going crazy with this news.

We rely on contacts for news and verification before we post anything, and if we are wrong, we correct it. However, in this case, I do believe you are wrong.

m698322h

Reaction score
I hope all channels means the local mom and pop chain we have here, otherwise it's 70 miles to the nearest Verizon dealer. They do seem to be on top of it though. If not, hope we can order Thursday to have it delivered Friday.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I think you're jumping the gun. We don't post false news just for hits. We don't need to. All of our sources are telling us this is official. Of course there have been mistaken reports made before, but after you have been doing this for a while, you get a sense of what is legit and not. Twitter is absolutely going crazy with this news.

We rely on contacts for news and verification before we post anything, and if we are wrong, we correct it. However, in this case, I do believe you are wrong.

I never said I thought these release date rumors were false. Just that I think it's irresponsible to post a topic title like this without mentioning that this story actually isn't officially confirmed by Verizon. It makes it LOOK like it was done for hits. There's nothing wrong with the post itself, however, the topic title is definitely "jumping the gun" and should be changed.

Sent using common sense.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I never said I thought these release date rumors were false. Just that I think it's irresponsible to post a topic title like this without mentioning that this story actually isn't officially confirmed by Verizon. It makes it LOOK like it was done for hits. There's nothing wrong with the post itself, however, the topic title is definitely "jumping the gun" and should be changed.

Sent using common sense.

Well you are entitled to you're opinion but I feel pretty confident in the title.

WPThunder25

Reaction score

Sent using common sense.

We got a debbie downer in here.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We got a debbie downer in here.
Sadly, it happens on the internet.

I called my VZW store, they said expect it to be the 9th as well. So with mine here in Lincoln, NE, and various other people saying their stores have said the same thing.. and now this, I'm pretty confident Friday's the day.:icon_ lala:

Status
Not open for further replies.