Galaxy Nexus Pre-orders Begin - Well, for some at least

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
sad :( ... i know, 10 extra days ....i'm at the point that i'm ready to throw my OG Droid across the room at the drop of a dime..

This made me laugh out loud. I feel your pain.

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Your just doing a pre-order for your own store.. No biggie.

You may be right, but how many other stores out there (corporate or retail) are letting people do pre-orders? Everybody I've seen posting has said that they've tried both corporate and non-corporate stores to no avail. This may not be breaking news, but it's still worth something.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Well, it's official that at least one store in the UK will be selling the Galaxy Nexus on Thursday....as in TOMORROW (story on AC). I'm not talking pre-sale, either. People in the UK will have them in-hand tomorrow morning. WTF, Verizon!

Last edited:

stragabenz

Reaction score
I called VZW, they told me no pre-order available and would contact me when it was available. How is this possible if VZW doesn't even have pre-order yet?

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Let me see if I can clear this situation up a little.

I'm a manager of an A Wireless store. That's a legit recipt, and we definately are doing pre orders. We have no idea when its coming, but we will take your money and when we get one in store we will make damn sure that you get one. Every preorder we do gets ordered and gets priority over the rest of the inventory we are alloted.

Internally, we have been told week of the 28th, but nothing concrete. Don't worry, we don't know anything that yall don't.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Let me see if I can clear this situation up a little.

I'm a manager of an A Wireless store. That's a legit recipt, and we definately are doing pre orders. We have no idea when its coming, but we will take your money and when we get one in store we will make damn sure that you get one. Every preorder we do gets ordered and gets priority over the rest of the inventory we are alloted.

Internally, we have been told week of the 28th, but nothing concrete. Don't worry, we don't know anything that yall don't.

Thank you, this makes perfect sense and fits with my experience at the store. If you don't mind me asking, do you know where the lead came from? You said you've been told internally, so does that just mean a higher up from the A Wireless company put the word out, or is this information that has been spilled by Verizon Wireless to you guys?

fobpartisan

Reaction score
Whats really anoying is that Nexus was Announced on Oct-18.A month has passed and we dont even have an actual release date. Razr and Rezound announced well after nexus and Verizon is already selling them. Verizon passed on Samsung galaxy SII while other networks sell it and making us wait and wait for a good phone while they keep on selling bloatware goodies. If sprint was atleast a little bit better on reception I would switch in a heart beat.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Sure thing. We have an agreement with an inventory company where we order our phones from. We don't get them from Verizon directly. (dont worry, we get our phones from the best inventory company in the business and the phones are generally flawless and always new) obviously if we can't get the phones from them then they're not coming. The week of the 28th is news that we got from them, presumably. We have always gotten inventory for big name releases days earlier than release date (iphone4s, razr, fascinate, og Droid etc)

I've talked to peeps in Verizon, including some of the higher up ones. They told me the 18th when I talked to them. Something seems to have changed from the time I've talked to them and now.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
This is all on VZW. My take on it is they wanted to give the RAZR and Rezound enough shelf time before launching the Nexus.

dustinslee

Reaction score
I will just return my razr and wait for the nexus if it ain't out by the 24th I wanna make sure I get a phone that I will be happy with for a long time!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dustinslee

Reaction score
I will just return my razr and wait for the nexus if it ain't out by the 24th I wanna make sure I get a phone that I will be happy with for a long time!

Or u could test drive the rezound and get the new time line on the return!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Guys, the store exists! :blink: